The Goblin's Lair

The Goblin's Lair is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Green River, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

Hidden away on the parks eastern boundary, beyond the cliffs that form the far wall of the Valley of Goblins, is a massive cavernous formation known as The Goblins Lair. Not truly a cavern, the lair is actually a beautiful slot canyon, the entrance of which has been sealed by rock fall. Depending on time of day, light may pour in through ceiling vents more than 100 feet above the chamber floor. Once a secret gem known only to a few, a marked trail now guides visitors to the hikers entrance of the lair. The trail begins at the observation point, and follows the Carmel Canyon loop before splitting off after 1/2 mile. Some moderate scrambling up scree slopes and over boulders is required. Caution is advised. Permits for those wishing to rappel into the Goblins Lair are available at the visitor center desk. A $2 permit fee (per group) is charged for the maintenance of the route.

One of the MOST AMAZING spots ever! i couldn't do little wildhorse slot canyons due to the 20% chance of rain... next time!
Goblin Valley is like an alternate universe. Profound!

kind of a unique place, you can make this hike as long as you want really as you wander through Goblins, Easy hike on a dirt like surface, go early it gets very hot

now I know what hell is going to feel like.

hot but goblins are cool.

g

It was incredible! Well worth the hike!

We loved it. It was a great hike. At the end, there is a cave hidden on top

rock climbing

It was great!! We did a lot of walking and climbing the huge rocks. My kids love it!!

Incredible

Really great area of odd little rock formations. It is in the middle of nowhere, but worth the drive. I enjoyed wondering through the "goblins".

Always a blast at goblins. I went with my buddy's a couple years ago but this summer I'm taking family! There is a unmarked trail to the top of the plato at the north. If you have pro you'll see the X indicating the top "5180T" if you explorer the north end going in and out of the slots eventually you will keep going up until you reach the top. You will be doing some scrabbling. Note* I'm 5"11 and there are some tall areas where you need to reach areas to ensure your not suck... Suggest not to do alone. Enjoy the summit!

Wonderful place to take children for a hike. My children have always enjoy walking around the goblins

Pretty amazing site to see. Fun for all ages. Its literally a giant play ground for all ages and you just park and explore!

Goblin Valley State Park is such an amazing place that children and adults will love. We come here at least once a year and we never get tired of it! You can stay near the covered pavilion or if you're more adventurous you can explore back behind the walls of "goblins". This is a great hike to do in conjunction with Little Wild Horse Canyon, just a couple of miles away.

For more information on directions to Goblin Valley State Park, maps, and photos, visit: http://www.yourhikeguide.com/goblin-valley-state-park/

Out of this world is a very accurate description of this place. You really feel like you're on a different planet. When we went to Goblin Valley, I was unaware of the hiking trails around the park. If we return to this area, we'll be sure to check out the trails. We went here after hiking the beautiful slot canyon nearby (Little Wild Horse Canyon). The kids were tired from hiking, but regained their enthusiasm at this natural playground. They loved it! We stayed through sunset and that was actually a great time to take photos.