Temple Quarry and Little Cottonwood Creek Trail

Temple Quarry and Little Cottonwood Creek Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, UT that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

There are three bridges. Lots of fun kickers for bikes. A rock garden and steep climbs. At the top there is an old structure that looks like it was an old mill back in the day.

Very easy hike. And very beautiful.

This was basically a short walk with some pretty views. If you use the AllTrails map for directions it takes you to the park n' ride as where the trail begins which makes you cross the freeway to find the trail head. Not sure why it is set up that way but don't park there. Just turn around and park across the street so you don't have to cross a busy freeway. Otherwise the trail was ok. Some cool history behind the quarry stones but we probably won't be back here. Also, watch your kids around the trails here, we found a backpack with drug paraphernalia in it and tossed it in the trash.

Very pretty Hike, simple.

Found this hike by accident looking for Lisa falls and I loved it. It was fairly flat so I was able to even run some of it. It runs along a creek so it was super peaceful and the fall colors were gorgeous. It was like being away somewhere completely different than the city. I absolutely loved the tranquility of this trail and easy to find.

Three moms, three preschoolers, two toddlers and a new born. It was perfect for our group. the kids were able to climb and run, moms could chat and still keep up with kids. The foliage was beautiful. because it was paved we were able to use strollers, too. definitely not a hike, but great for a walk in nature.

This doesn't qualify as a hike in my books, but it's still enjoyable. It's a completely paved loop that is short and has informational signs along the way. My kids loved reading the signs. The kids and I left the paved route and climbed all over the rocks in the dry creek bed which was their favorite part.

Crazy cool history markers help you learn about the area and how pioneers used it. I'm not LDS and I still thought it was cool.

fairly easy to moderate in terms of steepness. the flow of the river in the spring is crazy strong and beautiful to run next to!

Enjoyable for our kids from 6-17.

super easy loop part of it is wheelchair accessible. The river is dry but it's fun to walk through the granite river bed. Good mountain biking trail that starts here too.

Loved it, lots to learn as well!

Not a hike as much as a walk. There was no water either. Cool history which is why it got a three.

There is absolutely nothing to do or view here. There is no water as it has been redirected...so just a normal walk.

First time up there, we loved it.my 5 yr old, 10,13,14,18 n my self we loved it very much.