Middle Fork Taylor Creek Trail

Middle Fork Taylor Creek Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar City, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Interstate 15: Use exit 40 to reach this facility. After exiting the highway turn eastward and follow the paved road 2 miles past the visitor center to the trailhead.

Great hike in Kolob canyon. Didn't hear much about it so we were unsure. Easy hike that takes you to 2 cabins and a double arch. Well worth the hike, the views of the red walls were gorgeous and it was lightly trafficked.

Really enjoyed doing this one on the trip. A little history with the 2 cabins and a lot of scenery. Hiking in the spring the creeks were a little high but not a problem but it kept us out of the nearby narrows that we planned to do as well. Zion is my 2nd favorite place I've hiked thus far. i'd like to go back with a backpack and a week or more...

Beautiful hike in October. Fall leaves are awesome! Aside from the steep stairs at the beginning, a fairly easy hike. Took my 5 and 9 year-old and they did pretty good. You cross the creek a lot...water was low enough the adults stayed dry, but the kids needed help across with their short legs. I clocked the length on my GPS watch and it was 6 miles round trip. The ending isn't spectacular, but the views along the way are worth hiking it all.

Great hike during the fall to see the leaves changing, does get a little chilly due to being in the shade for most of the hike in October.

Incredible views around every turn in the trail. Easy, well marked trail. Go beyond the arches in the creek for more views. Trail gets shaded by 11 am and is cool, so go early or bring a light wrap. Leaves showing beautiful fall colors!

A beautiful hike that follows the water the entire way. Ends in a large rock amphitheater which was a great place to take a break and have a bite. Great way to get ready for Zion. Not crowded at all on a weekday afternoon.

As mentioned by some other reviewers it is clearly marked NO DOGS (except for service animals).

This was a easy hike. We got lucky and had a little drizzle so it wasn't too hot. Jumping across streams and chasing wild turkeys was fun. Good preview of Zion

Really enjoyed this hike up Taylor Creek. It's relatively easy and the elevation gain is a slow, gradual climb. But due to overall elevation gain and length, I'd probably put it in the moderate category, though on the easier end of moderate. End of the trail features very nice, classic Zion landscapes with steep red cliffs.

We really enjoyed this hike. It was rather easy, with beautiful scenery along the way. But two updated to the AllTrails description: 1) The trail is NO DOGS. After taking our dog along for the day, we decided to bring him on the hike since the parking lot was pretty empty, and no one we encountered seemed to mind. But it is definitely marked No Dogs. 2) The AllTrails map (along with the altitude changes) seems to go off course for the last bit of the trail (and indicates a steep climb and descent). The last portion of the trail is acually very flat and follows the stream bed to Double Arch Alcove, which is a big rock amphitheater.

Great scenery. Red cliffs. It's also a very good nature trail with lots to see. Easy walking for the most part. Many water crossings. Hour and half walk in. Take plenty of water and wear a sun hat.

My GPS tracked this at right around 7 miles total. Not sure how accurate that was, but it felt like 7 miles. Beautiful trail with some majestic views. Ran into a Mule Deer, Striped Whipsnake, a few huge butterflies, and a very friendly squirrel at the end (he tried to climb into my pack). Other than the climb up the stairs at the end, it was a fairly easy hike. Take plenty of water on a warm day. It was right at 100 degrees on our hike and I went through 2-3 liters.

about 3 miles each way...we'll worth it!

The trail was kept up well and easy . We enjoy the hike. Beautiful scenery. Be sure to take lots of water with you. I recommend this hike.

Wonderful quiet trail with an amazing payoff at the end of the trail before you turn back. If you want a decent hike that's off the beaten path with less foot traffic, this is the one for Zion. Some interesting views during the hike including 2 old log cabins and wonderful views of each cliff walls soaring above you on each side of the creek. It seemed longer than 4.5 mi (my GPS has us over 5 miles) and it was a decent workout that I would say it's more 'moderate' than 'easy'. No real climbing, which I suppose is why it's rated 'easy' ... but the 100 steps up to the parking area at the end of the hike was a bit of work.