Sunset Trail

Sunset Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kaysville, UT that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Head north on I-15 and take the Farmington exit. At the stop sign turn right (east) and go to 100 East Street and turn left (north). Follow this into Farmington Canyon and go 5.3 miles up the canyon to Sunset Campground.

We went up and down very easily and the waterfall beautiful.

We had a hard time finding where to start this one, we parked in a little unmarked lot right where the pavement ends and turns into the dirt road up the canyon. The trail starts on the north side of the lot uphill. Very pretty as the leaves are starting to change. Uphill at first was hard for my daughter but overall an easy hike. It was fun checking out the old cars and there are some ropes you can use to get down to the base of the big waterfall. My kids LOVED that part of it, but they are older. Not something I would let 12 or under do. Not a busy trail at all, only saw a few others. We will definitely be back!

This is easy hike all the way to the waterfall and cross the stream and continue on the trail you will see a car in your right and continue to the end there is another white car.

A good single track trail but narrow, wide enough for single file hiking. Not wide enough for a stroller. Was able to hike 1.2 miles with stroller, but a lot of carrying the stroller. Ended up turning back as the trails continued to narrow.

Easy to moderate difficult trail, not stroller friendly. With stroller trail is hard but can be fine with a but of effort.

Beautiful trail with plenty of shade late in the evening. Hiked in last night, spent the night at a little camp site just above the falls. Hiked out this morning.

The trail, if it is the right one, is off of the Sunset Campground up Farmington Canyon. The sign said Farmington Creek Trail. So I will be reviewing that one. It is more than 0.5mi, I didn't finish because I only planned on 0.5mi and it was getting late. It is a nice trail. It goes down at first so you have to climb up to get back to the campground. It also winds through several car wreck sites. There is a waterfall you pass, I did not see a trail to going down and getting a closer look at it, but there might be.