Spider Lake Trail

Spider Lake Trail is a 19.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mountain Home, UT that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

From Heber City, take US Highway 40 east 69 miles to Duchesne. Then tate SR 87 north 14 miles to Mountain Home. Follow Moon Lake Road north 4 miles to where Yellowstone River Road Intersects on the east side. From this point, follow Yellowstone River Road another 4 miles to Hell's Canyon Road. Hell's Canyon trailhead is west of the Center Park trailhead.

Amazing! The hike beats you up no doubt, but once you get there it is 110% worth it. Fishing was unbelievable as well. Honestly you can catch 40 fish is 50 casts up there. It's the most rewarding hike ever, and there's tons of water on the trail so you can stop and drink as many times as you want. Bring a water purifier. Overall, my favorite hike ever. Would do a million times over.

I would rate this higher, but since 4 stars is "I would do it again", I can't go that high because this trail chewed me up and I doubt I will do it again. This trail was as advertised hard. The elevation changes were really challenging, but that was my fault for not being as prepared as I should have been. Going in I had support and made the 9.8 in 10 hours. Coming out we hiked out to Swasey Creek and camped just off the trail. I would suggest doing this in and out unless you really are prepared for the elevation changes and the distance. Having said that it was truly mythical. Beautiful and amazing views from the tops and descents through some amazing meadows. There is also good water several spots along the trail.