Spectra Point Trail

Spectra Point Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Two mile round trip hike along the rim of Cedar Breaks amphitheater. Located at 10,350 feet elevation, Cedar Breaks National Monument makes a nice reprieve from the summers heat found at Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon. Cedar Breaks is host to only two trails, the Ramparts Trail which includes Spectra Point and a circular 2 mile Alpine Pond Trail. The National Monument makes up for the lack of "in-house" trails by being the center of a host of hiking, mountain biking, horse and ATV trails located all around the park. Brian Head Ski Resort runs their chair lifts all summer long taking the die-hard mountain biker to 11,000 feet for extreme action. Rattlesnake Creek Trail descends into the beautiful Ashdown Gorge Wilderness area where steep terrain, slot canyons and high country adventure await everyone willing to give it a try.

I'm not sure which held my attention the most. The hundreds of different colors from the amphitheater or the several thousand year old Bristlecone Pine trees.

PS. I'm not sure why Everytrail is now having us rate and review our own guides. It seems a little self serving to me. My apologies.