Sound of Silence Trail

Sound of Silence Trail is a 3.1 mile loop trail located near Vernal, UT and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Jensen: Take 149 past the Quarry Visitor Center, follow signs.

I combined this with Desert Voices. Sound of Silence had a lot of wildflowers that were extravagant, plus a lot of rabbits and lizards. This trail has lots of ups and downs and there is one place that I almost had to scramble. Beautiful place.

Very pleasant hike. At the mid point, the trail appears to stay straight but the markers guide to the right. Go right to stay on course and follow the cairns over the rocks. Truly beautiful.

As the name says, one of the most wonderful and quiet places I have been hiking. The canyon is extremely beautiful and full of color.

The sign at the trailhead had this marked "Moderate to Difficult". The first 2 miles or so were relatively easy and flat, so it seemed like we had been misled. The last stretch though is definitely substantially more difficult. There are some steep climbs & descents - I was glad I bought hiking boots the day before. There are some great views of the surrounding area from the peaks.