Silver Lake Trail

Silver Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

old growth

Beat.

Great place to hike year round! This podcast sums it up pretty well: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/snowshoeing-snow-friendly/id1142336821?i=1000379208229&mt=2

Just hiked up to Silver Lake on Saturday, Dec 3. Lots of snow, so snow shoes were a must. Thankfully some back country skiers knew the trail well (mostly) and had it tracked about an hour before I started. It was pretty deep snow in some places (up to my waist) and the snow shoes helped, but it was pretty strenuous. The views, even in the winter, are spectacular!!!

This is a great hike with some fantastic views! I did the hike 11/15/16, we have had an amazingly warm fall so there hasn't been any snow. The hike is well classified as moderate. It's not as steep as Lake Blanche but is certainly a good workout. The lake at the end is beautiful as is the lake at the beginning. The lake at the bottom of the trail head is currently being drained. The road up to the trail head is also undergoing a lot of construction. But you can still make it up. It's a $6 entrance fee at the ranger stop.

Great App to have for a quick place to hike

A fantastic late fall hike to Silver and Glance Silver lakes. Trail to Glance is reasonably easy to follow beginning at east side of lake. Very steep but worth the effort encountered some snow on trail, but mostly clear to Glance. Saw cow and yearling moose on approach to Silver lake.

Good trail for both summer and winter

It was a very strenuous hike. It says moderate but it was hard and I am very athletic. It was really fun I took my dog with me but I wasn't expecting it to be as hard as it was. Great Lake though. This time of year it wasn't very petty but if I had gone before the leaves fell, it would probably be spectacular. Make sure your dog is on a leash though, there are some sketchy parts of the trail with big drop offs. Expect a lot of rocks it gets really steep.

Beautiful trail, lots of friendly hikers with friendly pets. Only down side of this trail was the construction noise from the work being performed at the lake and roads

Beautiful hike!

I camped in the valley. It was beautiful but SOME people kept blasting annoying rap/techno music on their radios while driving off road. Rap music and nature are never to be combined

My wife and I took this hike today and it was just beautiful all the way to the lake. We saw a bull moose on our way down and it made an already great hike even better. We found the terrain to be fairly easy except for the last maybe 1/8 mile was a little steeper and quite rocky. It took us about 1 1/2 hours up with quite a few photo stops and about 1 1/4 hours down. It was quite a distance up a dirt road to get to the trail head so don't give up. The trail is very well marked and easy to follow

Beautiful fall colors. Took my 2 small dogs and saw a few people, not too much traffic. It cools down very fast around 6pm be prepared. Easy hike until you're about 5min from the lake, then large builders appear.

This was a great half day hike with the kids (10 and 7) and our 2 dogs. Before the Granite Campground entrance hang a right on the dirt road. It's a narrow road along the cliff side, so drive slowly and be aware of other cars. At the trailhead there are toilets (big plus with kids), but bring sanitizer ;-). This is definitely moderate as there are places where you are climbing over rocks. You also climb over one small creek. It took us about 2 hours to get up to the lake, pausing to take a few pictures and then about an 1.5 to climb back down. The lake is beautiful and there are many trails that lead down to some small beach areas (in some places). Lots of dogs off leash, but all very friendly and none barked. My kids loved it (so did my pups). I recommend going in early September to really experience the fall colors. The trees were already pretty bare today (beginning of October). We are even thinking about taking tents next time :-).

I wish we would've done this one about two or three weeks ago. Fall colors were still beautiful but they were probably spectacular at the end of September. Go early morning to avoid crowded trail/parking lot.

Very peaceful and quiet at the top minus a couple of people smoking which only killed the mood for a little bit.

Certainly one of the prettiest hikes I've been on and it will be a go to for people visiting out of town.