Silver Lake Loop Trail

Silver Lake Loop Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

canoeing

Directions from Salt Lake City: Access #1: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 14.2 miles up the canyon to the Silver Lake Visitor's Center parking area across from the Brighton Store on the west side of the road. Trail begins behind the Visitor's Center (boarded walkway). Access #2: Same as above but follow the road around the circle to Majestic Lodge. Trailhead begins behind the lodge. Follow directions to Twin Lakes Reservoir and Silver Lake.

I wouldn't call the a hike. More of a nice stroll but very pretty. Was fun to let the 1 1/2 year old walk along the boardwalk. Very busy area. No dogs.

We hiked the Silver Lake Loop Trail yesterday afternoon (11/13/2016), the drive to get there was lovely. Once we got there we realized we weren't dressed for the cold weather, but that didn't stop us. We did the loop rather quickly, once we did that we found a second trail that took you up towards the top of the mountain. My mom who is 58 years old was able to do both the walk around the lake and the more difficult hike. She wasn't able to go all the way up because there was some ice on the path and I was afraid she would fall. My daughter and I made it to the top with no problems. Beautiful scenery. Beautiful views. We saw 2 dogs even though it clearly states that dogs are not allowed. I def recommend this hike to all. It was lovely and we will def go up there again.

Early November about an hour before sunrise - lake is partially frozen, leaves have fallen, but the lake is a gorgeous contrast with the surrounding pines and snowcapped mountains.

I did this loop with my mom and younger brother and it was lovely. Even though there were a lot of other people around the lake, the trail didn't feel crowded at all.

Very easy little trail, well worth the drive up the canyon for the views.

The trail around Silverlake is boardwalked all the way around and is a very easy trail. I went when it was raining and it smelled like pinetrees and soil. It was awesome! Great trail for kids. If you want to make things a little more challenging, take the spur trail that goes up to Twin Lakes. The Twin Lakes Trail is rocky and slippery when it's wet, but the views of the lake by the dam are spectacular.

Really easy but awesome place

This is an easy walk around a nice lake, though it can be pretty crowded. Saw some wildlife once we got away from the larger groups on the boardwalk. The 1.5yo in our group loved watching the ducks. For the adults, better to continue to Twin Lakes for a nicer hike experience, or at least to head along the Twin Lakes trail until you come out of the trees for a magnificent view of Silver Lake from above.

We did the loop last weekend with the family. It was busy but we had fun. It was more of a walk than a hike. Short and sweet. The lake was beautiful.

Another trail our family does just to get out of town for an hour or two. Awesome.

Got up to Silver Lake/Brighton early this morning. Lake was calm in the early morning with the sun just past cresting the peaks to the east. Able to get many reflection shots in the lake. Lots of color with the aspens, clear blue sky, and new snow.

This Trail was Beautiful on lots of fun just walking with the family. You can even take a stroller around the board walk. If you want to bring LO and do a hike I recommend no stroller and doing the twin lake hike. Its super steep and rocky but so worth it and kids younger than six were hiking this! We had my 11 month old on my husbands back and he enjoyed ever bit of it! I give this 5 stars!

Very easy and pretty setting, i suggest going up to twin lakes and stopping at the white Rock area, great view of silver lake but too difficult to go any father

Great little hike.

My family has been going to Silver Lake for 20 years, and it isn't the same anymore. It used to be a very peaceful place to go, but now it is very overcrowded and it's quite obvious that the rangers cannot keep up with the crowds and do nothing to manage them. The hike is very nice and scenic, if you can survive the whole way around without getting shoved off the path by impatient parents pushing strollers or unattended children. Fishing is almost impossible now as the majority of people are quite disrespectful of your lines. The best time of day for peaceful fishing is sunrise to about 10 am or sunset until 10pm.

Great for kids because it's more like a walk. Stroller friendly and the view is gorgeous! Multiple pokestops and gyms. There are some cool boulders with pyrite by the parking lot. Multiple picnic areas as well as restrooms.

Simple hike with the kids. Our two and five year olds loved it.

Amazing hike! Great for kids.