Silver Flat Lake Trail

Silver Flat Lake Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near American Fork, UT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This connector trail links the Horse Transfer TH to the Silver Lake Flat road near the dam. This trail provides access to the lake without use of the lower section of the road

Good snowshoeing trail

This was a great hike and a good workout! Consistent climb all the way to the top, a bit rocky with a little creek along the trail. Great scenery of the fall colors on the trees. Silver Lake is undergoing some construction as well as Tibble Fork.

If you are a human that enjoys trudging through horse manure, you may enjoy this one. I personally believe this trail should be renamed to "Horse Shit Highway". Seriously good views to be had, but just drive up to the silver lake trailhead instead.

Beautiful views, we went around 3pm and comeback around 6.30pm with 2 kids 12 and 9; The clouds trick us. So we comeback quickly and when we arrived at the gate was sunny again. Next time we will go early to expend more time at the lake.

Loved everything about this trail!

This was a fun hike! It was definitely rocky, and was a steady incline. I would say young kids and people with knee or ankle problems might have a harder time! The lake was beautiful, but freezing! My 8 yr old did great.. It took us about 3 hours total with all the stops along the way, and playing in the lake..

Loved this hike!! Took my 7 yr. old and 11 month old and they both had a great time. The lake is gorgeous it's so peaceful and quiet up there. I'd recommend this one for anyone!

This trail is nice and green at the bottom and open at the top. The trail does have a lot of rocks to go over towards the top. We aren't talking rock climbing but a little kid or person with limited mobility might not make it up. The lake is beautiful but freezing. My dogs ran off leash the whole time and had a blast. It was pretty busy on a Saturday and the parking wasn't great. Make sure you take a car that can get up a bumpy dirt road.