Sessions Canyon Trail

Sessions Canyon Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bountiful, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

Sessions Canyon climbs up a creek canyon from directly above Bountiful, UT. It is a lovely canyon, with lots of shade and a beautiful babbling creek throughout. However, footing is sometimes poor, and the farther you go, the poorer and more overgrown the trail gets. After dropping 100' from the parking lot into the canyon, the trail climbs steadily, closely following the creek and crossing it numerous times. The footing is sometimes poor, and at times of very heavy flow, creek crossing could be difficult (while it is never a challenge in summer).

A nice, calm journey. I don't think it should be considered "hard."

This is a nice hike if you do it around 8am it's shaded all the way.

there is a stream you follow some of the way.

One of the most beautiful trails I've done. We took the lower trail so it was very shaded and followed along the creek. It was a pretty hard trail when you're carrying a 40 pound backpack occupied by a toddler. We only made it one mile in before turning around. We took our 6 and 9 year old and they loved it. But it's definitely not a trail I'd do with younger kids than that. Even though it was beautiful, it was indeed a very steep trail.

Nice trail, you have to go across the stream often, but it was fun. We didn't reach the end of the trail, but by the time we got back to our vehicle we had gone approx. 5.27 miles so the trail is longer than the posted 5.1 miles.

Great

My pup and I enjoyed this hike. There was not too much traffic on the trail... actually hardly any...and crossing back and forth over the river was pretty fun.

Very fun trail. We kept going for about another thirty minutes past where the All Trails map had the ending point because there was a pretty clear trail that still kept going up - so we did about 7 miles round trip but it definitely could have been longer. You'll more than likely get your feet wet and it's quite overgrown about two miles in for most of the hike. We even spotted some sport climbing rocks on the way so that was neat. Overall a great trail! We didn't run into anyone.

Really fun hike. Saw only a few others and a lot fewer further up. Got rained out so we had to come back early. Not sure how much further it was. The trail can also be over grown in some areas so you have to push your way through a little.

Great hike with my pup! Really saw only three people. Loved the river and having to cross it so much. Wear some shoes that can get wet (I wore Chaco's).

Nice hike. Muddy as the stream was in full flow with the spring rains. It is a elevation climb from the beginning with numerous creek crossings. Plan for shoes that can get wet. We used walking sticks which was a great idea due to the mud. We went nearly 3 miles in and never hit the trail end. This is closer to a 6 or 6,5 round trip hike. Enjoy.

This was a really nice hike. Only ran into a few hikers. I would not suggest taking little kids on this trail.

It was a great! Narrow trail, no traffic. I ran into only 2 other hikers. I won't recommend hiking with kids unless u r carrying them.

Always beautiful, trail follows a flowing stream. My dog and I love this trail.

Great trail! Some parts were muddy and icy but nothing unbearable. Most of the leave were gone but it was still gorgeous.

Gorgeous trail- even at this time of year! The trail is covered by canopy except for a couple of spots. Took a dog and he had a blast! Definitely will be back to this trail.