Salt Creek Canyon Falls

Salt Creek Canyon Falls is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Nephi, UT that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, camping, nature trips, and birding.

This easy trail starts at the northwest end of the Bear Canyon Campground and heads through a narrow forested canyon along the Salt Creek. The small waterfall at the end is not only beautiful, but also provides great access to stand directly beneath the falls and get a very cold shower. You will need to cross the fence at the end of the campground to start this hike - the locals drive cattle into the canyon, and the fence is there to keep them out of the campsites. This might be a pay area depending where you park. No overnight camping in the area except on designated spots.

Would have given a higher rating, but the amount of cow/horse dung on the trail was pretty extensive. Otherwise a nice, easy hike.

Fun, easy hike with smaller kids (6-10 yrs) with a nice pay off at the end. Waterfall is really cool. About 3 miles total.. 1.5 each way

hike was enjoyable with good scenery. missed the falls and hiked much further. it gets steeper as you go, but the creek is nice. on my way back I saw the falls and hiked to them. Family was there with 2 large barking dogs that made the things a bit less than I wanted. did cool off briefly and left quickly. will go again hoping fo a better experience.

The trail was lovely, but quite rocky in some places. It was full of beautiful scenes as well as lots of butterflies! It was beautiful!

Great hike for small kids. Beautiful mountains. Waterfall was awesome!

Beautiful, tons of butterflies today. Very rocky hike. We were the only ones on the trail for the 3+ hours we were there. Took lots of pics and enjoyed the scenery along the way. Altitude gain was actually 500 ft.

Started at about 10:30am, it was pretty hot but there is a good amount of shade along the way. Followed the creek the entire way so it was perfect for our two dogs. We were the only ones on the trail so our dogs were free to roam without a leash. The waterfall was GORGEOUS! I would definitely recommend this hike!

Amazing beauty. You follow a creek all the way up to the falls. It felt a little bit longer than a 1.2 or 1.3 mile out and back. Both my 6 year old and 8 year old had no problems. Even my 3 year old went about half way on his own before I put him in the child backpack. The last little bit to get to the falls was a little more tricky. There is not a lot of space at the base of the falls. My family really enjoyed this hike. The travel time to get there from Provo is an hour, but it was worth it.

Weather was great. We were the only ones on the trail. Very easy. There was a lot of spring run off. We crossed the water then turned left and went up to the falls. It was so nice and cool up there like free A/C. Picked up litter on the way back and took Nebo Loop home so we could see Devil's Kitchen as well.

Beautiful quiet hike

Went on this hike with two kids and two other adults. Great views, and loved the small waterfall. The only drawback was that there were so many cattle in certain parts of this canyon that you ended up driving them down the trail and dodging their green pies. Was worth the trip even with the bovine nuisances.