Rockport Lake Trail

Rockport Lake Trail is a 4.4 mile out and back trail located near Peoa, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible from March until November.

Rockport has good camping and swimming and is only a short drive from the SLC area. The water was great and even though it was the middle of June it wasn't too crowded. The hiking trail was easy except for the face that it was almost 90 degrees. I gave it 4 stars because there wasn't really a summit view and then there was a band playing by one of the sights by the lake which you could hear all the way over on the hiking trail and I feel like it kind of ruined the serenity and peace I look for when I go to the outdoors.

Rockport recieves a 5 star review due to the amazing camping and camp sites. We camped right on the lake and watched the stars at night. We went in late June and were the only people camping there during the week. Clean out houses and each campsite has its own covered picnic table, a firepit and a place to BBQ. Plus, the drive out was gorgous!