Riggs Spring Loop Trail

Riggs Spring Loop Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kanab, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

The Riggs Spring Loop Trail begins at Yovimpa Point and travels through spruce, fir and bristlecone forests. Red cliff breaks and Quaking Aspen groves are scattered along the trail on the eastern side, allowing for beautiful vistas looking east and south. The western section of the trail is steeper and more heavily forested. A spring is located near the midway point of the trail offering some respite and shade for the weary traveler. Hikers and campers are cautioned to treat this water before using it for drinking. It is advised to carry plenty of water on this hike as well as other hikes. As this is also a popular backcountry (overnight) camping area, hikers and campers should be aware of each other and respect the privacy of others.

Tried it today. Walked counter-clockwise. Until Riggs Spring everything was okay, but then I missed the correct way (I think). The whole time I was parallel to the way in the map. So after 7 miles I deceided to walk back the same way :-( What went wrong???

Excellent hiking. The hodoos and views are amazing.

It was an amazing trail. It was difficult due too much snow. We did it clockwise and I think it was the most appropriate.

Very scenic and not too difficult on the trails

Been many time. One of my Favorite National Parks.

Amazing views with not too difficult hikes. Great in any season.

This is one of my favorite parks in the country! If you are in Utah or Colorado at all, you should stop. The hike is pretty moderate, if you combine all of them into one, and it's gorgeous. The hoodoos are pretty unique to this park so it's worth it to ask a park ranger about it for a few minutes. Another tip: this park is the darkest national park in the US, so you get the best view of the stars if you're lucky. So head on down to one of the hour long seminars one night and they will tell you all about what you can find in the beautiful night sky right before they provide the telescopes! We saw so much wildlife (glow worms included, of course)! The town about an hour away has a biannual Shakespeare festival that's phenomenal and makes for the perfect weekend!

Maybe my name makes me a little biased, but hiking here is wonderful. The Grand Canyon just seems like a big hole in the ground compared to the beauty of this place.

I have been hiking and biking and offroading where possible in Arches, Red Rock Cliffs,Bryce, Capitol Reef and Zion over the past week. There is so much in each park to see and do. Wish I had more time. A little hint there is a lot of trails and roads not on this app. Think out side the box if looks like it a good time go for it!!! Just be safe and respectful.

Their was two feet of snow everywhere when I was in Bryce canyon this March, it snowed about 8 inches the night before so everything was immaculately white. The trail itself is nothing special, but the views of the landscape are incredible throughout. If you are in near Bryce canyon I would strongly recommend visiting.

great Loop with optional spur on the rim trail to make a nice 8 mile day hike. Not too crowded. I started at the parking lot about 1/2 mile prior to the main park entrance. Brink lots of water for the dry air. Don't try to lean too far over the rim edges to take pics of the hoodoos.

We visited Bryce in May 1998 for sightseeing, to expose our teenage nephew and niece to the beauty of the Southwest, and to get in a practice hike before going to the GC North Rim for a rim-to-rim hike. The scenery is unique and beautiful, from hoodoos to rock curtains. The trail I selected for practice was the Navajo Loop. It is only a 1.5 mile loop, with a 500' descent and ascent, but is great aerobic activity if you speed hike - especially up. My nephew and I were pressed for time to get to a dinner reservation, but we stopped to admire the scenery, which included a tree growing in a narrow slot near the bottom, surrounded by sheer walls several hundred feet high. The tree was almost as big as the space where it had grown. A unique location certainly wort a repeat visit.

These trails all have outstanding scenery, and there are lots of choices for all skill levels. If you leave the main paths and take the longer trails, keep the kids close by -- there are cliffs and the drops are significant.

In mid-March there was still a lot of snow in patches. The trail follows the rim of the mesa and the views over the surrounding country are excellent. The hike is at 9000 ft. so you will want to have water, sunscreen and a hat. The sun can get pretty intense at that altitude. The kids had a great time and the trail was not difficult for them.