Red Pine Lake Trail

Red Pine Lake Trail is a 6.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, UT that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November.

The White Pine trailhead is on the south side of the road, 5.5 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon and 0.7 miles below Snowbird. The turnoff for the parking area is just after a turn and is easy to miss. Start slowing down just after the "White Pine Slide Area" sign. An asphalt path leads from the parking area to a footbridge across the stream.

beautiful hike. was difficult with the snow/ice you were hiking up. would love to do this in the summer

Beautiful hike. Completed in November but hope to check it out in the summer next time.

Hard. Awesome views and lake is great. Lot's of climbing. Water and snacks help moral.

It was a beautiful day to be on the trails.

Perfect day. The aspens were beautiful and the weather perfect. Great hike, consistently uphill but not too difficult.

The views are especially beautiful right now because of the fall colors. The view looking down the canyon into the Salt Lake Valley is as beautiful as any where on earth! We saw a bull and cow moose next to the trail.
Perfect temperature. Perfect day!

last two miles are tough climb to reach the lake

I enjoyed most of the hike, though I was underwhelmed with the actual lake which is pretty dry this time of year. Not nearly as scenic as Lake Blanche, Twin Lakes, Lake Mary, or many others in the canyons. I did, however, very much enjoy exploring the area around the lake, so I would allow for plenty of time at the top. The trail is well maintained, though the water and fallen leaves made it a little slick in areas. Great view of the canyon along the way. Saw a handful of moose right along the trail not far from the trailhead. This was my first moose sighting and it was probably a little more up close and personal than I would have liked, but it was pretty darn cool.

Very nice hike. Fairly steep for most of way out but beautiful scenery on the way up and down. Saw two moose on the trail so that made it a great hike for this Florida boy!

loved it. good elevation, good trail. however, we were caught in an early snow, which made it tough!

Great Hike challenging , fall colors were gorgeous and weather was beautiful, rated as one of my favorites now. I highly recommend it.

Hiked this yesterday. Round trip it took me approx. 3 hours moving time. I enjoyed it very much. Perfect trail conditions. It gets steeper and steeper the closer you get to the top but it's not too steep:) Around 5 pm when I was heading down there were a ton of people on their way up to camp for the night. I highly recommend this hike:)

Enjoyed this one a lot! It was pretty strenuous the second half. My step tracker recorded 9.6 miles round trip. It took about 4 hours out and back for my sister and I. This is definitely the perfect time to tackle this hike. Bring a jacket and plenty of water!

Great work Out, totally worth it. Streams, forests and some climbing and rocks. Quite steep at the end but once you finally reach that lake.- Wow! one of the best doable hikes for me in Little/ Big Cottonwood

Backpacked up to Red Pine Lake (Fri-Sat)! Awesome trail. First half of the trail is pretty chill, then gets a bit steep and rocky the second half.

Very rewarding destination, even when the lake is low. There are great dispersed camping spots all around the south and west side of the lake. Barely any traffic on Friday, tons on Saturday.

Only bummer is the campfire restriction. Will definitely return tho!