Rattlesnake Gulch Trail

Rattlesnake Gulch Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice short hike. Good views of the valley. Just right for our kids (8&5).

good trail for dogs, steep to start and flat in the middle

Great short hike. Short incline and some switchbacks. Lots of great views.

Went last week. Nice views, close location, steep at first then goes flat. Dog friendly. Nice autumn colors this time of year.

My dog and I regularly take this trail to Pipeline trail. It is a beautiful place to overlook the valley. It is steep at the beginning (first .7 miles or so) but then levels out and is flat all around the Pipeline trail. This is a great hike for dogs. We did have to watch out for several mountain bikes but everyone was friendly and shared the trail easily. One of my favorite places to come for a quick, 2-hour after-work hike with my puppy.

Nice little hike, although there are much prettier hikes in Millcreek.. I recommend turning south onto the Pipeline trail and hiking out to the overlook. Watch for bikes throughout.

Easy evening hike. Bring bug spray for the mosquitos. They were in full force.

Amazing views! Went on a weekday. Saw a few other people but it wasn't crowded.

First mile was steep but the second mile was a piece of cake! As a beginner hiker I loved it and the view

great, next to the dog poo bags along the trail.

A nice short hike that isn't too hard at all. Really pretty and a great view at the end!

Great work out. Pretty step/uphill for the first .7 miles. Then you can go either left or right depending on your mood. Left gets you to the Pipeline Trail Overlook and is about 1.0 miles to the west. To the east, you can go to Grandeur Peak Trail which was just over 2 miles I believe. We went to the overlook as we did this hike after work. Dogs are allowed on/off leash dependent on if its an odd or even day, but they are always allowed. Park fee is $3 and the parking for Rattlesnake Gulch is where the sign for Pipeline Trailhead is.

Like others have said the incline for the first 20-30min is a good workout. You'll break a sweat for sure. The incline is shaded which provides a lovely atmosphere. Once you get to the flat area to the overlook, the trees clear and the trail thins. AMAZING views of Millcreek canyon and the north side of Mt. Olympus. We met bikers, runners and super cute dogs on the trail.

The incline was moderate and I definitely broke a sweat. I love how much shade the trail provides and the view of Salt Lake was great! I will be visiting this trail more often in the future.

20 min uphill, 20 min flat to reach top. 180 min round trip. Lots of bugs. $3 fee/car with this trail.

Awesome, especially at sunset. Also nice to be with someone fun and adventurous if you get lost in the dark and can't find your way back to your car.