Provo River Parkway

Provo River Parkway is a 15.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Provo, UT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, birding, and road biking and is accessible year-round.

15.2 miles 977 feet Point to Point

40.23986, -111.71367
    40.23986, -111.71360
    40.23859, -111.72170

canoeing

We did not walk or bike any of the trails. We floated down the river on tubs. It was a lot of fun. Planing on going back to hike some of the trails real soon :)

Sections this trail are clear for bikers, but really it's too crowded and people don't observe the different lane uses. If biking up the canyon it's better to just take the road.

Ran this today, 9/18/15. From Vivian Park to the end of the trail at Utah Lake was 16.25 miles. The toughest part and least enjoyable was running along University Ave. The rest is tree covered for the most part so it stays cool. Started up above at on South Fork Road at Trefoil Ranch and then at the end I ran back to my car near the airport. Total run was 22.5 miles.

Love this trail! Often bike on it. They have water fountains along the way, beautiful bridges and canyon views. Also love that it connects to the Murdock Trail. Only down side is the amount of people on the trail.

This is a long boarding, walking, jogging, running, rollerblading, biking trail that is paved. Basically a "sidewalk"along the mountains for a beautiful workout. You can start at the bottom of Provo canyon.

I have spent lots of time biking, walking, running, and skateboarding all along this path. Really great path for getting outside.

Paved walking, biking, running trail. Nice for the family with small parks along the way to stop at and play. It's runs along the Provo river and has some great places for pictures. Along the way you can find cool things like Bridal Veil falls, from start to end it's 30 miles. So, pick a place to park the car and get out and walk.

Great trail for family exploration. Gorgeous natural formations and well maintained facilities along the way.

My trail started by BYU and it was a short paved trail. Everything was flat except when you go under the road and follow the water to stay away from crossing the streets. I'll have to do it again and find this waterfall! The river was there, so it was still pretty. There are park benches available

Visited Bridal Veil Falls on a Sunday and it was quite busy. We spent about 45 minutes on it. Will return in the future. The falls are beautiful and the base of the falls is good for children. They have an area where the children can feed the fish for a quarter.

This trail's one of our favorites! We bike from our home catching the trail at the Riverwoods Mall and going up to the end of South Fork Canyon which ends up being about 26 miles roundtrip. It's a beautiful ride up the canyon, especially in the mid-morning or afternoon hours. My only complaint about the trail would be the long-boarders who never have any real control over how fast they're going down the canyon and never seem to care about what lane they're in. My wife was recently yelled at by a young highschooler for being in "his" lane, which was necessary since the other lanes were stocked with long-boarders speeding down the mountain. (Whew!) Vented... Aside from them, the trail is magnificent, winding itself next to the Provo River; interwoven through the Canyon Parks and Waterfalls.

I've walked the length of the entire trail (not all at once) and some days it's crowded, some it's vacant. It depends on the time of day, the season, and the weather. The entire trail is paved and it's easily accessible at many different points along its length. There are runners, cyclists, walkers, and longboarders using it. Utah Lake is at one end of it and Bridal Veil Falls is along its route.
I would rate it higher but I prefer more 'wild' hikes and walks.

I enjoy this trail because I can hook up the trailer and take my 18-month-old daughter. I haven't ridden the section from the LDS Motion Picture trail entrance out to Utah Lake, but I have done from the trail entrance out to Provo Canyon. I love it once I get into the canyon, but until then, its rather blah. from 2300 N to the mouth of Provo Canyon, the trail just follows a busy highway. Its worth it to just drive to the mouth of the canyon and bike up to Vivian Park and back. The trail (in the canyon) has some great views and good shade. Its a good trail to take the kids.