Progeny Peak Trail

Progeny Peak Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

Short but challenging summit hike. Includes the beautiful Two Pines Arch along the way. Located in Zion National Park are massive monoliths of rock. Some peaks, like Angels Landing, can be reached by park maintained trails. Others, like Lady Mountain can be reached by unmaintained trails requiring technical knowledge. Most require the use of climbing gear and a lifetime of experience to reach the top. Of all the mountain tops in Zion, only a handful are true peaks, most are plateau's where the views are breathtaking, but not really a peak. And fewer still can be reached in the amount of time and distance as Progeny peak. Along the way is the beautiful Two Pines Arch. When viewed close and looking straight on, it gives you the same illusion as Indiana Jones' "Leap of Faith". I caught myself wondering how many other arch's exist in Zion Nation Park that have yet to be discovered.

I had a chance to hike this summit again with a good friend and his son (age 11 + friend also age 11). What a fun hike. We added our names to the registry (added paper also) and on the way down my friend told me how cool it was to sign the registry (his first time) on the peak of something spectacular! I couldn't agree more.

I love this summit hike! Short rewarding peak, and the beautiful Two Pines Arch along the way.