Pine Hollow Trail

Pine Hollow Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, UT that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is in a fee area. The first part of the trail is exposed, so on a hot day, it can get pretty warm. Then the trail goes through trees. In the summer the trail is very lush and crosses streams. There are lots of wild flowers. If you go go another 100 yards to the left on the Ridge trail you'll reach a meadow where you can see down to The Heber Valley to the East, Lone Peak Wilderness to the North and Mt. Timpanogos to the West.

Gorgeous hike in the fall!! It's steep the first mile but has wonderful views. The only reason I knocked it down one star is because it was hard to navigate which trails to go on because there are so many, we ended up hiking on a few different trails trying to figure out which one was the right one. But other than that it was great, will definitely be doing it again

nice trail, lots of motorcycles on the ridge trail.

We took our five children and started at about 7:30 am. The forest was beautiful and cool and there was practically nobody else on the trail. Great summer hike but only if you start early. All but our youngest (3 year old) hiked the entire way, and we stretched it out to a little over five miles. We will be back in the fall to walk amongst the yellow aspens.

Nice hike

Ended up back packing in up there Saturday morning and spent the night at the 2nd meadow! Kept filling up our water from the tiny brook at the meadow, tossed some Frisbee and enjoyed some BEAUTIFUL warm sunshine! Incredible Thunder and Lightning storm all night, what a SHOW it was! We ended up having to pack up camp in the rain Sunday morning and even though everything stayed dry through the night, it all got soaked packing it up in the rain which made for heavy backpacks for the 3 mile hike out. All-in-all the trip was about 7 miles and was a GREAT experience!

Beautiful trail!!! A must do. Right now wear waterproof shoes. Still a lot of snow & mud. At first meadow go right or left. At 2nd junction you can head up Trail 157 for a bit & you'll reach a look-out with an amazing view. Head back down to junction to hop back on loop.

I really enjoyed this hike with my 2 dogs. At the first meadow we went left to climb the north section of the loop. There was still plenty of snow only on the northern section and the ridge trail section. The southern section was free of any snow. When we got to Salamander flats 6 wild turkeys were visible and gobbling. Light snow the entire 2.5 hrs hiking, perfect weather for me I don't like hot.

Beautiful trail. Needed spikes. Leave your parks card out on the dashboard or you'll get a ticket. There is a restroom at the trailhead open year-round. There was one stream crossing at this time of year but you can step across the snow banks. Reasonably paced incline. Great views.

My rating is going to be slightly inflated due to the fact that I did this in fall, but this was a beautiful hike. I also really like that despite going on one of the busier weekends during the year (fall break) there were only a few other people on the trail. This leaves a lot of room to explore further; I would recommend going further and exploring the views from the Ridge Trail where Pine Hollow ends. Will definitely do again

OK trail, steady incline, nice and shaded, occasionally comes close to a small stream. We went on a Monday morning and were the only ones on the trail.

Easy to hike , but yet if you like not to run in to horses and bikers every 10min then find another trail .. I liked the hike but the crowd is not appealing..!

I like this trail because it's a steady incline. Not too steep, but not flat either. Took the dogs up here which was nice because there isn't a lot of people but we did have to be careful of dirt bikes. Luckily we were able to hear them from far away so I was able to prepare for them but not ideal if you have a nervous dog. The hike itself is pretty, you hike along a creek for a long while which is nice to hear. Some nice views along the way as well. I'll definitely do this hike again.

Great mountain biking trail with not a lot of traffic!

Good well maintained trail. Saw a little traffic, but not enough to distract from the natural beauty of the surroundings.