Peek-a-boo, Spooky, and Brimstone Gulches

Peek-a-boo, Spooky, and Brimstone Gulches is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Escalante, Utah and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November.

Super narrow hike. Be prepared to feel claustrophobic and make sure you carry enough water. We ended up getting off track at one point and it took a little longer to get out than what we were anticipating. Cool experience, but hiking through the sand drove me crazy!

Really fun experience to navigate through the narrow canyon!! The road back can get really muddy so a 4x4 with good mud tires can be necessary!

very fun. however do not take dogs. took my dog here about 6 years ago. bad idea. lifting her around the obstacles was very hard. she did not enjoy it. also avoid this place during stormy weather. I was there on a clear day. but if your in there when a flashflood is coming you will die. so think ahead

I went with a group of friends and ended up hiking Peek-a-Boo and Spooky Gulches -- fun, but challenging! There was quite a bit of standing water, mud puddles to be exact, in Peek-a-Boo and by the time we were done we were muddy messes. I can't imagine doing this alone because we had to help each other get over some of the walls. Spooky had some tight places and only one challenging spot were a climbing technique was needed in order to get over a drop that was about 5 feet. Oh yeah, rope helps!! Overall this was a great hike and yes I would gladly do it again!

Went last week right after a big rain.
Spooky was dry but ended up waist high in spots in Peek-a-Boo. I lost my camera I think in a water puddle, so if you happen to find it please let me know. It's water proof. Had a great time. We ran into a tarantula in Spooky which made it even better!

The best and *most accurate* description of these canyons, with waypoints and topo map reference, can be found at http://climb-utah.com/escalante/dryfork.htm. We followed that info last weekend and had no problem finding our way - our experience was exactly as described there.

Bring a 4x4 because we got a flat on the way. The slot canyons are fun to adventure through. Make sure you have this app bc it's pretty hard to find the trails without it

I have taken my kids on many hikes. This is the one they still remember and talk about all the time. I took my dog as well. I don't recommend taking dogs. Too much climbing and scrambling.

FUN, FUN!This is my kids favorite hike definitely in my top 5. challenging from start to finish, getting into Peek-a-boo is no easy task, couldn't imagine doing it alone, very hard to crawl up with all the loose sand, Next big challenge is climbing down into Spooky need a little chimney climbing technique , or take a leap of faith a few feet down, probably should be in at least a little bit of shape to do these, I am far from super fit, but you do need to use a few muscles!

This was fun to hike through the narrows. The hardest part is the walk to the narrows opening and the drive there. Travel there is 22 miles on dirt road. This same dirt road will take you to Hole-in-the-rock.

We had so much fun with this loop! Head out early, by the time we were to the second canyon (at 11AM) we hit traffic in Spooky and had to wait for groups to pass us. Parking was easy. Bring lots of water. I don't recommend taking more than a camel pack as some of the slots are pretty tight. I had to carry my backpack in hand for parts of it.
Overall amazing and definitely want to do this hike again.

Absolutely incredible!!

Peek-a-boo was gorgeous! I little tricky at the beginning but easy after that! Spooky had some tricky parts. Defiantly need to help the kids out if you bring small kids. The slot part was pretty tight. Can get a little claustrophobic in a few parts after the drop through the hole. Very fun and beautiful!!

So much fun. We did it anti-clockwise, but everyone else was going clockwise. We only did Dry Fork to the left, but it was really neat and wide for those who are claustrophobic. Definitely bring a small backpack.

Fun! We took rope and we're glad we did! Bring plenty of back up water.