Peekaboo Loop Trail

Peekaboo Loop Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bryce Canyon City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

The Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail begins at Bryce Point and drops quickly to the canyon floor. Due to the rapid elevation change and the length this hike is considered strenuous and hikers are cautioned to be aware of this and the Horse/Mule Riders that you will encounter near the bottom of the trail. Please be courteous when meeting these trail rides and of others on the trail. Hikers should also carry plenty of water on this hike as well as others. There are restroom facilities near the bottom of the hike which are also shared with the trail rides. - NPS Website

The views were absolutely stunning. Currently, the path (from Bryce Point) is laden with quite a bit of snow (about 2 feet). I would recommend snowshoes during the winter seasons. My girlfriend and I did not have snowshoes but we did have YakTraks to slip on our hiking boots which helped give some traction. The deep snow definitely made this more hard than moderate, but in the summertime I can definitely see this being a moderate hike.

Hiked this trail 3 days ago with my husband. We are new to hiking, but relatively in shape. It was a challenging hike with the many turns and changes in elevation, added challenge was the steep snow. But the views and experience were well worth it. Many beautiful stops to take rest and enjoy the scenery.

I accessed this trail from the Queen's Garden and hiked clockwise to avoid trail horse groups. I hiked it in late July and it took me forever! Partly because I wasn't used to the heat and elevation, but also because I had to stop every 10ft to admire my surroundings. My favorite part was the Windows. They were amazing! So bring lots of water and sunscreen, there's no shade, and be ready to take lots of pictures!

This is a great loop and you can hike it two different ways. Bryce Point the usual way was closed so that wasn't an option. You can also access the trail from the Navajo or Queen's garden trail. We added this to the Navajo and Queen's Garden loop trail because we had all morning and it was worth it. Lot's of snow packed trail so chains and trekking poles make it much easier. They are not required but they do make the hike much easier when there is this much snow. The deep snow that we experienced shouldn't last that much longer unless it snows again

This trail gives some great views of Bryce Canyon, both small and vast. It was a little monotonous at the end, but the views on the way to and at the top were definitely worth it. Not as good as Queens Garden or Fairyland, but worth doing if you have time.

Busy in summer but still a must do!! bring plenty of water and good hiking shoes to handle loose rocks.

An absolute must see in the winter! The snow, the red rock, the pines! Simply stunning! The hike is challenging, but truly moderate. It's a pleasant hike surrounded by eye candy!

I recommend combining Peekaboo, Navajo, and Queen's. Start at Sunset, do the loop, and end at Sunrise.

We started from Bryce Point. It was a really beautiful trail.
It was strenuous in places but completely worth it.

I started from Bryce Point and walked the west half of the loop. Then I continued onto Queens Garden Trail and then got to sunrise point. I saw the shuttle bus sign saying the bus runs to Nov 13. But there was no bus at all. A very nice couple offered me a drive back to my car.
The trail is rewarding with amazing views and unique features. But it can get very steep a lot of times. I am happy that I did this trail. It is a must go in Bryce Canyon.

Beautiful trail with many unique features such as arches and windows that make fun photography. A little deceiving as I was expecting the loop to be fairly flat once I made the mile descent, but there were some good elevation changes along the loop as well. I did it as a combination hike/trail run (I am a very fit 62 year old but don't run uphill much) and pushed the pace. Even with stopping for a lot of pictures, I finished in 2 hours. I went out at 8:30 in the morning and the trail was very lightly trafficked.

If you have a day and a half in Bryce, do this and do the Fairyland loop. You won't be disappointed.

Along with the 5 mile loop, I also did 1.5 miles on the rim to inspiration point and it was perfect. It wasn't too difficult and I completed it in 3 hrs 45 min. The views are the best. I didn't do the figure 8 because Navajo was too crowded for my taste. Peekaboo has less foot traffic. Only here for two days and this hike was worth it.

Incredible photo ops you won't get anywhere else...

Probably the most incredible hike I've ever done! Amazing geology and I took some incredible pictures that I canvassed for my home. Majestic says it all and I'll be back next year