Neffs Canyon Trail

Neffs Canyon Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Head east toward Mill Creek Canyon on 3800 South Wasatch Blvd. At the first stop sign (Parkview Dr., 3700 East) turn right and go 1.1 miles to Parkview Terrace (4175 East 4245 South). Turn left and continue to White Way (4275 South 4260 East), turn right heading generally eastward and uphill to the end of the road. The trailhead is marked and the trail begins as a rocky jeep road. The drive takes you through a residential area. Please be courteous of others and their property. No parking after 10:00 PM.

There's better trails with better sites to see.

To be honest I was not a big fan of this hike. The trail was difficult to follow and was super overgrown in places. There were a lot of little side trails so it was hard to ever really know if you were going the "right" way. I decided to turn back after getting turned around a few times because I didn't want to get too lost. I may have been a little more apt to keep at it if I hadn't been by myself.

We went in the winter, when there was a lot of snow on the ground...not a good idea. We couldn't get very far as it was too slippery.

The steepest is legit. but awesome hike, great foliage. we were up in 2:20 and down in 1:20.

Trail is VERY overgrown. The map on here doesn't take you to an overlook, you have to keep going up a pretty steep face to get to where you can see anything, and even then it's not a clear view.

It's more of a scramble than a hike, but still enjoyable and fun.

A super lush hike once you get about halfway to the top, but gets more overgrown the farther you go. I would definitely recommend pants!

Brought the dogs, and luckily the creek is still running once you get about 1.5 miles up the trail.

nice hike. I found at one time why this got its name... spent a few hours in the morning trying to locate the cave entrance. not sure why people think going into small holes is fun. any way hiked to the saddle then around to Millcreek and hitched a ride out to my car. it was a good hike...

Nothing great.

Great hiking options - many side trails to explore - love it even for short time hikes in the morning :)

The trail is fairly steep most of the way. Though fairly short in distance, it offers somewhat of a challenge. Take plenty of water. The meadow is approximately 2 miles from the trailhead. I found it somewhat underwhelming.

My therapy. Great dog trail. I will be making this a weekly thing

There are tons of options on this trail. I've found at least 3 or 4, and a cave too.

Great hike for fur babies! Expect lots of dogs who love the hike along the stream. This time of year you will have to traverse through water so be prepared to get your feet wet. I would label it as strenuous due to the uphill climb and some loose rock the makes the descent a little tricky. It is a beautiful, shaded little canyon leading to a gorgeous meadow with a valley overlook. The deer flies were out when we went so be prepared. Our big Newfoundland companion loved the hike and the multiple opportunities to cool off in the stream. We did the hike to the meadow with multiple water stops for our fur companion and small break to enjoy the meadow in 3 hours.

lovely wooded trail.

Amazing trail! Get there early to avoid traffic on the trail. This is a great trail to train on for obstacle course races. :) Happy running!

I enjoy this trail a lot. It is very shady and cool on the way up. There is a cave, rope swing, and a creek, which my dog loves to wade in and drink from. My only complaint is that it is usually quite crowded.