Neffs Canyon Trail

Neffs Canyon Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Head east toward Mill Creek Canyon on 3800 South Wasatch Blvd. At the first stop sign (Parkview Dr., 3700 East) turn right and go 1.1 miles to Parkview Terrace (4175 East 4245 South). Turn left and continue to White Way (4275 South 4260 East), turn right heading generally eastward and uphill to the end of the road. The trailhead is marked and the trail begins as a rocky jeep road. The drive takes you through a residential area. Please be courteous of others and their property. No parking after 10:00 PM.

It's a great workout, and the snowy tree cover is beautiful right now!

Great place to hike year round! This podcast sums it up pretty well: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/snowshoeing-snow-friendly/id1142336821?i=1000379208229&mt=2

There's better trails with better sites to see.

To be honest I was not a big fan of this hike. The trail was difficult to follow and was super overgrown in places. There were a lot of little side trails so it was hard to ever really know if you were going the "right" way. I decided to turn back after getting turned around a few times because I didn't want to get too lost. I may have been a little more apt to keep at it if I hadn't been by myself.

We went in the winter, when there was a lot of snow on the ground...not a good idea. We couldn't get very far as it was too slippery.

The steepest is legit. but awesome hike, great foliage. we were up in 2:20 and down in 1:20.

Trail is VERY overgrown. The map on here doesn't take you to an overlook, you have to keep going up a pretty steep face to get to where you can see anything, and even then it's not a clear view.

It's more of a scramble than a hike, but still enjoyable and fun.

A super lush hike once you get about halfway to the top, but gets more overgrown the farther you go. I would definitely recommend pants!

Brought the dogs, and luckily the creek is still running once you get about 1.5 miles up the trail.

nice hike. I found at one time why this got its name... spent a few hours in the morning trying to locate the cave entrance. not sure why people think going into small holes is fun. any way hiked to the saddle then around to Millcreek and hitched a ride out to my car. it was a good hike...

Nothing great.

Great hiking options - many side trails to explore - love it even for short time hikes in the morning :)