Ontario Trail

Ontario Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until October.

old growth

A great hike with incredible views. We made a loop of it with Silver Lake up to the summit and Ontario Canyon down. This was a little over two hours for us, but we weren't in a hurry. If doing a loop, I recommend Silver Lake up. It is steeper and with loose rock. Both trails begin near the bottom of the Sterling Express lift and were generally well marked.

Views towards the top of the Silver Lake trail were the most breathtaking we've seen in our Park City hikes.

The lift stopped running daily September 5. So if you're planning on a free lift down (like some other comments) instead of hiking down, check that it's running.

Hike up and take the lift down. Well marked and maintained trail. Not difficult. A very pleasant hike. It took me about 40 minutes to reach the top. Wear a hat and sunscreen, and take water.

A heart pounding hike. The hike will take you through the forest and out in the direct sun on your way up the mountain. And there are no bike allowed on this trail. Some views especially at the top. Overall a nice hike, but for me I like some more variety especially running water. But in this area, this is about as good as it gets. Oh, and the best part is the free ride down on the chair lift. Ahh, nice views and relaxing.

Beautiful hike. Trail is well maintained and well marked. Don't try to hike down the biking trails they are much harder.