Old Ephraim's Grave

Old Ephraim's Grave is a 20 mile loop trail located near Logan, UT. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for mountain biking and off road driving.

off road driving

We did this trial on labor day weekend, fall colors starting to change, mild temps, and tons of hunters! Was a great day out in the mountains

While we didn't follow this trail exactly from this app, (we used google maps, downloaded a topo)

I went on this trail before I had this app, so I took a different route on the return trip from Old Ephraim's Grave. It was longer than I had prepared for and there were a lot of ATVs, but it was a beautiful hike and fairly doable for a non-hiker.

off road driving

The overview for this trail is a little inaccurate. Although it is used by mountain bikers, it is mainly used by ATV's, pickups, & SUV's. If you plan on mountain biking be prepared for a lot of ATV riders. It is a nice scenic trail with the highlight being a huge granite monument to Old Ephraim (A giant grizzly bear that roamed the area in the early 20th century) The monument is near the spot where he was finally killed. Most of the natives of Cache Valley know the story of Old Ephraim. For a while his skull was in the Smithsonian, but a few years ago it was brought back to USU where they have it on display.