Ogden Canyon Overlook Trail

Ogden Canyon Overlook Trail is a 5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Huntsville, UT that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From the South (Layton, Bountiful, Salt Lake International Airport, Sandy, Midvale, American Fork, Lehi, Provo): Take I-15 northbound and exit to northbound US-89 (exit #324). Merge to I-84 eastbound and exit at Mountain Green (exit #92). Continue east on Old Highway and turn left on State Road 167 heading north (just east of the Sinclair station). Turn left on State Road 226 heading west and proceed approximately three miles to Snowbasin. From the North (Logan, Brigham City, Ogden): Ogden's 12th Street/Ogden Canyon Route: Take I-15 southbound and exit to 12th St./State Road 39 eastbound (exit #344). Proceed east on 12th St./State Road 39 through Ogden Canyon, past Pineview Dam and turn right on State Road 167 heading south (just west of a gas station). Turn right on State Road 226 heading west and proceed approximately three miles to Snowbasin. ***The trail is found by parking at the lower lot at Snowbasin Resort. Follow the gravel road past the silver metal gate for 0.75 miles. Follow the road straight ahead when you reach the old campground. Look for an information board next to an old gate. This is the beginning of the trail.***

I really enjoyed this hike! I brought my 5 month old puppy on the hike (she was on a leash) and I thought it was a quite easy hike. Great views on the way up and the view on the top was great! We started the hike on a Friday at about 11 and the trail had moderate traffic. It was about 50/50 cyclists and hikes but everyone was quite courteous of each other. I will definitely do this hike again!

its not hard going up there not so many rocks in the trail and a lot of deere going there i like to go up there one more time

easy hike great views. only downside is people can ride horses on trail so there was alot of horse poop on trail.q

Nice hike! Not too difficult...but still a good workout. Great view of Ogden Canyon and beyond at the top!

Pretty gentle climb up to a spectacular view of Ogden and the Great Salt Lake. Beautiful foliage along the way. Need to share the trail with lots of mountain bikers.

Great for both the journey and the destination. Mostly through the trees. This map does not show quite right as you turn left onto the Ogden Canyon Overlook trail when you summit (there is a sign). It is worth the extra bit of hiking to do the last leg of the trail through the pine trees with a great (somewhat shear drop off) view of the Ogden Valley and Canyon (12th Street)

easy trail with beautiful views. we saw 4 moose along the trail.

Very easy trail to hike , trail is in great condition I'd rate this trail as easy we hiked 3 miles in 1 hour 37 minutes to the over look , we continued up Sardine Trail 1 mile then handed back . There are a few benches to sit and rest .. Great trail for Horses, biking , hiking , running .. Or a good stroll.
The views are Amazing , colors are popping right now .. One of my favorite hikes

Pretty easy hike, but great view at the end!

Nice trail good reward at the end

this trail is 6 miles round trip

Great hike with the family! 7 month old Harlow and 2 year old Camdyn did wonderful.

My wife and our 2 year old twins love this hike, there is a little bit of everything for everyone. Don't be surprised if you come across hikes, mountain bikers and horses on this trail. Often times we venture down all the little trails that come across Maples.

We have taken several of our friends, their kids and also our parents on this hike. It is perfect for any age and people of any skill set. Enjoy!

Love this trail! It's very peaceful and shaded. It's perfect for after work because it's not too steep. I would say it's an easy trail. Make sure you bring big spray.

For a mountain biking trail this is fantastic a lot of densely shaded Trail but breaking out into beautiful views and overlooks and thrilling smooth downhill

Nice trail. Great view of the mouth of Ogden Canyon at the top. Nice climb but very gradual.