North Fork Mule Canyon

North Fork Mule Canyon is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Blanding, UT that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Excellent canyon hike that you can make as long as 8 miles if you go to the end. Most people turn around at the first of 8 ruins, the famous "House on Fire" all the ruins in this canyon were left from the Anasazi Indians. For a full review check out my blog post:

This is the South Mule Canyon Trail. The North Trail is from the Bridge a half mile up Texas Flat road. It is spectacular and not as many people. There is a lot of Wow factor

I'm unable to find South Fork Mule Canyon Trail on so I'm posting my review of the trail section up to House on Fire ruins. Easy, accessible trail. As always, bring water, wear a hat and use sunscreen while hiking. If you want to get the full effect of the House on Fire ruins you have to be there at the right time of day for the light to bounce off the slick rock and hit the sandstone just right in order to get the fire effect. It was cloudy and overcast for the hour plus that I was there but in one 4-5 minute window the sun came out and everything lit up...It was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen and I managed to get THE shot. The 5 star rating is for the ruins not the trail.

Backpacking: Great hike if you're down in the area. I definitely recommend going up the north canyon as south is very busy with day hikers.