North Canyon Trail

North Canyon Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bountiful, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Salt Lake City: The trail can be accessed through the Mueller Park Trail or follow 1875 South east bound to Bountiful Blvd., turn right (south) for 1.7 miles to Indian Springs Road, turn east and follow the road to its end where there is a green gate with a narrow walk through. The dirt road beyond the gate lead to the trailhead (this is private property, please stay on the road at all times). The National Forest starts where the road ends and trail begins.

off road driving

Beautiful trail that is very well maintained. Is there a club that maintains it? How would I get in on helping with this?
We just rode tonight from North Canyon to Mueller park then took pavement back to the trucks. Really wanted to take the trail back but the weather wasn't cooperating. We did get rained on, but I think that also kept the traffic down.
We had 4 motorcycles in our group, most everyone was polite; with an exception thrown in here and there. I would love to see the signs a little more prominent on both ends so that everyone is clear about what is allowed.

Grade isn't too bad. Me and my friend (we are 15) made it up to the top in 40 minutes on our bikes and went down the mueller park trail

off road driving

Great trail for single track motorcycle riding keep a look out for mountain bikers they will probably yell at you for being here even though it's perfectly legal for motorcycles to be on this trail.

Great trail when you do the whole loop with Mueller Park

you can loop this with muller park if you are feeling adventurous.

Hike it up run it down. Very nice, not as populated as the other side in Mueller.

Kind of steep, but it's a great way to access the mueller park trail

The hike itself was great but I couldn't stand the bugs, so many bugs.

4 miles pavement to Rudy's Flat. I went when it was 97 degrees but once in the older forest it was much cooler. The dirt road leading from the pavement to the actual trailhead isn't bad but it's just that...a dirt road. The views further up the trail a special. I took a side trail up to a ridge providing views down into City Creek Canyon. Rudy's Flat was great. I will be coming back to camp. Trail is moderate. No sketchy parts so kid friendly. Even in early afternoon I had to jump out of the way of downhill bikers who were upset I deigned to be on their trail, LOL. I recommend a good loud yell before rounding blind corners/switchbacks. I recommend this trail. Very fun.

I really love this trail! Almost the entire trail is shaded. It gets up to some awesome 360 views, but isn't very steep. We never got tired from hiking up hill, just from the distance.This trail takes you through many beautiful different looking areas. I was pleasantly surprised that we only passed one other hiker and 4 bikers the entire time. I think it is comparable to the Elephant Rock trail, but this one is way more shaded, prettier, and way less crowded. It was a good workout without ever seeming daunting.

Be careful with the bikers it was Ricky and it's a hill. I'm not doing it again it was just so hot that I couldn't go farther