Nebo Loop National Scenic Byway

Nebo Loop National Scenic Byway is a 40.2 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Payson, UT that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

40.2 miles 6757 feet Point to Point

scenic driving

From Nephi to Payson, this route has breathtaking views of the Wasatch Range and 11,929-foot Mt. Nebo, its tallest mountain. See flat bottomlands, high-alpine conifers, red rock formations, gray sandstone cliffs and salt flats all in the same day. Sights include Devil's Kitchen, Walker Flat and Mt. Nebo Wilderness.

scenic driving

I’ve taken this drive many times, living nearby, I took it again today and stopped to take some pictures.
Also Hiked around Big East Lake and found a few geocaches.
It's a nice drive.

Beautiful drive. I prefer it over the alpine loop

I've loved this loop since I was young.

Very scenic drive! Personally I think it's better than the Alpine loop

scenic driving

Drove this last year in the fall hoping to see the fall colors. Missed the peak by more that a week. Still a beautiful drive

scenic driving

Beautiful! We like to take family when they are visiting to hike and see the beautiful vistas.

scenic driving

Long and beautiful! I had the road to myself and got to take some awesome pictures along the way.

scenic driving

Very scenic, desert, mountains, historic sites.

Beautiful ride. Took the loop trip when we came out to climb the highest Peak in the county. A long wonderful day.

scenic driving

Beautiful area. Roads are very well maintained, plenty of pull offs, and impressive views. Take a moment to stop and make the short walk out to Devil's Kitchen. This is a must do in the fall!

scenic driving

Beautiful drive with lakes and views

scenic driving

It is a nice ride up through some surprising country.

snowboarding

Beautiful ride in car or motorcycle during spring, summer and autumn. Road is well maintained and is listed as a National Scenic By-Way. In Autumn, the fall tree colors are incredible. In the winter it's a great snowmobile trail. The snow road is still groomed from Salt Creek Canyon to Payson for easy sled riding.