Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail

Navajo Loop and Queen's Garden Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, UT that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

scenic driving

Hike into the canyon to experience Bryce Canyon's famous hoodoos; the best way to see the amazing hoodoos up close. This hike is hands down the best way to see the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon. The views from sunrise point and sunset point on the rim area stunning, but you will experience an entirely different Bryce Canyon from the canyon floor while looking up at the hoodoos. You start by hiking down Wall street a narrow canyon with high rock walls on either side. Soon after you will reach the flat canyon floor with the option to finish the Navajo Loop or continue on along the Queens Garden Trail to see more of the canyon. If you have time, hike on to Queens Garden where you will see some of the most spectacular formations in the park. After you final ascent up to the rim you will arrive at sunrise point with a final view of the canyon. Hoodoos go through several stages: First they start as plateaus and water erodes away the sides until they become fins. Once the things become fairly skinny, holes will erode in the middle of them, creating a window. Finally, after more erosion, the top of the windows will break away leaving a hoodoo in its place. In Bryce, most erosion occurs from "frost wedging". Rain seeps into cracks of the rocks, and when the temperature drops the water freezes and expands, which creates larger cracks in the rocks.

Incredible views and unusual look that you won't see anywhere else. The whole surrounding area should be on your short list of things to do and see.

Great trail really beautiful takes about two and a half hours at a slow pace stopping for lots of pictures only about 3.5-4 miles steep incline out at the end but worth it I highly recommend starting from the Navajo loop side just awesome way to start the hike

Gorgeous views along this trail - I ended up going up a bit through Peekaboo Loop since the Wall Street portion of the Navajo Loop was closed off (as of Sept. 11th, due to a rockfall). A bit challenging on the incline since the first portion of the trail from Sunrise Point goes fairly steeply downhill.

Very worth it though, the views are absolutely amazing. Be sure to wear proper footwear, bring plenty of water, and watch your footing as there are some steep dropoffs.

Stunning hike, with amazing views around every turn. Well maintained. I agree with recommendation to hike from Sunrise Point to Sunset Point. The ascent to Sunset Point is challenging. I highly recommend proper hiking footwear with Vibram-like soles. Don't go without a liter of water.

Awesome

This is a absolutely beautiful hike! Not for those out of shape or with bad knees. There is a steep decent into the canyon via series of switchbacks. Once down the hiking is easy and there is tons to explore. Beware.....what Go's down must go back up! At altitude this is made harder! Just know your limit and all will be fine. Take extra water and sun screen.

Was great. Started at Queens connected to Peekaboo Loop connected to Navajo (Walstreet) to Rim trail. Was great. Would get the ticker pumping, then time to recover. Really felt like these feet accomplished something. Right down there with the Hoodoo's. Views were spectacular!

Super fun hike with incredible views galore!! I don't think I've ever taken so many pictures on a trail before lol. It took me a total of about 2 hours to complete because I had to keep stopping for more photos and videos. And despite the fact that it was a holiday weekend, the trail wasn't too overwhelmingly crowded, surprisingly. Sure, there were lots of people, but there were no "traffic jams" to speak of. Will definitely be back to explore some more after tourist season dies down a bit. The only hard part of this trail was the fairly steep incline section on the last leg of the trail leading up to Sunrise Point. But honestly, that really wasn't that bad, either. Wish I'd had more time to explore the rest of the park yesterday, luckily I live close enough that I can go back visit again during a weekend!

We took our 9 and 11 year old kids on this hike. Great hike to build confidence.

A must do for a quick hike with some of the best views in the park.

rails trails

Amazing way to enjoy the canyon. Easy trail done in 1:30 walking very slowly with kids...

Best of the short hikes at Bryce

Return visit and as always heaven on earth. Planning a backpacking trip.

In order to beat the crowds I got an early start after camping in the Dixie National Forest the night before. I made to Sunrise Point about 20 minutes before sunrise and watched the sun come up with about ~75 other people. After sunrise I hit the trail and only saw a few other hikers as it was still early (most left after sunrise). Queens Garden is beyond picturesque as the photos I took are worth more than a thousand words. I took the trail to the connection of Navajo Loop and hiked back through Wall Street and back up top to Rim Trial and back to Sunrise Point. The park handout stated this was the most popular hike and I can see why. Absolutely worth every minute of it. I have been to Zion and Arches but rate Bryce above both of them. Not that there is anything wrong with either but I really enjoyed my experience at Bryce Canyon.

Absolutely beautiful hike! There were a lot of people on the trail, but I guess that comes with the territory. We still enjoyed it a lot despite the crowds because the scenery was amazing! We started at Sunrise Point and came back out via the Navajo Loop. Wall Street was unfortunately closed when we were there. The climb out on the Navajo trail was tough, but very cool.

Wonderful