Mt. Timpanogos - Timpooneke Trail

Mt. Timpanogos - Timpooneke Trail is a 14.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, UT that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Mt. Timpanogos- Timpanooke Way is a 15 mile out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for camping & hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

It was difficult at parts but one of the most beautiful Trails I've ever been on. I would recommend this Trail to anyone. I would recommend that you at least make it to the saddle if nothing else.

Did this hike September 28th and there was lots of snow in the bowl. A beautiful hike. We started at 8am and finished at 6pm with breaks. Only made it to the bowl because the summit was too covered in snow. A total of 13 miles for us. I will definitely be back next summer to finish :)

Rated 5 stars by far. So amazing. There is so much to see and amazing views the whole way. Does not feel as long as it really is because it is so beautiful. I would highly recommend going all the way up to the summit. DO NOT STOP AT THE SADDLE. If you already go that far, you might as well go all the way and sign the registry and see everything you can. It is very windy towards the summit but there are nice places to sit near the saddle where the wind doesn't hit you. After reading other reviews, I think we got pretty lucky because there was only one other person up at the summit when we got there and we stayed for a good half hour. Also did not pass many people on the way up which was weird because it was a perfect day. We saw more people going up as we were coming down at night around 8pm. We started in the afternoon and the hike took us 8 and a half hours. We never ran and took lots of breaks. Fitbit says I burned 3067 calories which I will take.

Bring gloves in October. Perfectly still first 6 miles to the saddle, then 70 mph wind gusts!

We hiked this for the first time 2 days ago. Amazing hike! Steady climb but nothing too steep. We read up a lot on it and went well prepared. Started early, the temp was cool but pleasant. Took a few layers off as the day warmed up. By the upper bowl we were putting some layers back on. There was a fair amount of snow along the ridge line and up to the summit. A storm blew in and the temps changed quickly and drastically at the top. It dropped to below freezing and clouds were too thick to see any view from the tower. Our water bottles started to freeze up. All of our gear was sufficient with the exception of our gloves. I've never had my hands get that cold that fast. We did use our ice cleats for the descent. Overall a fantastic hike! Go prepared for anything! We will definitely tackle it in the spring again. Hopefully we'll get to see the view!

I hiked this yesterday and let me just tell you- it was the most rewarding feeling to accomplish. My group each brought 2 extra coats and a pair of hand gloves just in case. By the end of the hike we used everything we brought with us. The hike was very snowy once we reached the meadow but we were able to make it through-steep and a little bit muddy in some areas but as we got to the top surprisingly it wasn't too bad. Getting to the shack and seeing the view was worth every minute, make sure you wear a good pair of actual hiking boots on this one.

One of my favorite hike in Utah.

Very challenging hike with beautiful views.

Hiked this trail on Saturday, arrived at the parking lot at 4:30am and it was completely full. We started hiking around 5am and reached the summit a little before 9am. The trail has amazing sights the whole way to and from the summit, with an especially stunning view once you reach the saddle. My only complaint with this trail and it has nothing to do with the trail but the people hiking it... No one has any type of trail etiquette! The trail is single track most of the way and instead of letting hikers on their way up pass through first everyone just pushes on and tries to squeeze by at once. I can't tell you how many times I got bumped, shoved, and stepped in front of while on the way to the summit without any sort of "excuse me" or even a "hello". I'm 29 yrs old and in pretty good shape so it doesn't affect me in any way other than irritate me but when I see people push past a mom while she is carrying a newborn on her back it's infuriating. I honestly think it's pure ignorance rather than rudeness, and luckily the views from the top make up for it but be prepared for inconsiderate hikers.

Started at 2AM got up around 5AM. Just when you think you're almost to the top it just keeps going. Dress warm for the top if you're planning on sunrise. Windy and not a lot of cover at the ridge. Breathtaking views, lots of wildlife, and well maintained paths.

Absolutely beautiful trail. Also brutally difficult, but that's likely just from spending several days prior wandering around the Uintas and two days prior to that driving from Miami. Some octogenarian couple was managing it easily, and I'm 27, so yeah, probably overstating the difficulty a bit. Stunning scenery through and through though.

incredibly beautiful. Very crowded on a Saturday morning in September.

I love this hike! It's beautiful and has a few different routes to the top. It's a solid day hike so be sure to start early and bring enough food and equipment to stay dry and safe. The view at the top is unbelievable.