Mount Olympus Trail

Mount Olympus Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Climb 4,000 feet on this great trail to fantastic views over the Wasatch Valley and Salt Lake City. This is a steep, Class 3, climb up 4,000 to the top of a peak with great views over Salt Lake City and the surrounding Wasatch Mountains. You will be surprised at how abruptly you leave the bustling city below and find yourself high in an alpine environment. This is a good peak for budding mountaineers to start with.

41 seconds ago

Very steep. An early start helped avoid the crowds.

Quite the challenge but worth the reward! Took me about 3.5 hours to go up and about 2 to go down. The last 600ft of scrambling was a little freaky for me since I've never done something similar but a fun challenge! Favorite hike thus far in SLC.

Lots of elevation gain in a short distance. Getting to the peak requires a fair amount of scrambling but it's well worth it.

loved it! brutal trail but the views are definatly worth it at the top!

Really great hike! We made it up in just under 2.5 hours (at a decent pace) and ran down in 70 minutes. The summit is a beautiful place to pause for a snack!

It's harder than Bells Canyon and Lake Blanche. Don't go in the heat of the sun and take extra water than you usually do. Panoramic views are great but it's hard.

Strenuous but worth 100%! Take cool water for both out and “back” (2.5 to 3 liters)

Hard!

This was an extremely hard hike. Don't let the beginning fool you, it just gets more and more difficult. the scramble at the top is not for the faint of heart. But, with all that said, it's completely worth it. Even if you just make it to the saddle, the views are spectacular.

Please help. I hiked this trail today starting at 9 am. On the way down where the stream is first accesable from the trail my dog took off. Her name is Indy and been missing for about 3 hours now. I am so worried for her. Please if anyone could help me find her.

Truly awesome workout hiking up to the stream bed for a post work wind down... Gonna make it to the peak again.. Hopefully sooner than later..

started at 1200 and finished 1830, with at least 20 brakes, but 100% worth it. going again soon. it's an unforgettable view

Verifying everything that has been previously said:
-This hike is difficult. It's a steep hike, your legs will be on fire and it doesn't let up, at all. I wore knee supports and I'm glad I did. Hiking poles would be even better.
-Start early. Seriously. You are looking at a multiple hour hike (average maybe 6hr), depending on how often/long you rest your tired legs. I did it in 5 hours but even starting at 530am still had me in the sun on the way down. It's a fairly exposed hike. Dont be dumb and start at 9 in mid July. Plan this one in advance.
-The "scramble" to the very summit will have you climbing. It's not hard compared to the hike, but just be ready to use your hands to climb.
-The view is undeniably worth it. When you are eye level with passing planes you know you're on top of the world.

Definitely do it if you are up for a challenge because the reward is incredible. Just be smart about it.

This hike was crazy hard. I mean, I was stupid and did a 7 mile run the day before, but still...it was hard. For me the hardest part was that the trail had rocks and small boulders that you had to step up on and over, which makes steep feel even steeper and makes your legs cry. Also, there was no let up...it was just up and up and up the whole time and the further up you got the steeper it became. We went past the saddle and up to the summit, which is a must if you get all the way up to the saddle anyway, but be aware that you have to do a little bit of bouldering to get up there. I have no experience with that and I made it up, but it was still a bit sketchy at times. It took us about 3 hours to go up and then about 2-2.5 hours to come down. We did a bit of trail running when we could on the way down. Be careful of your knees coming down...it's hard on them because of how steep it is the whole way. I would recommend starting early. We started at 5:30am and it was perfect! I would probably not do this hike again, but it was definitely an accomplishment to stand at the top and look over the valley and the mountains! I would recommend this hike to those of a medium fitness level or higher. If you are a beginner hiker or don't really work out much, I would suggest doing something easier.

Great hike!

Great hike, a bit rough but it's worth it to go. deffinatly a harder hike for sure. the last maybe half mile is a bit of a scramble up some steep rocks so come prepared

Got to spend a couple days in SLC and decided I needed a good challenge. Like everyone else has said this hike is steep but well worth it. The scramble to the top wasn't too bad with a couple of trickier sections. I did this hike in mid July and it was damn hot. Took a little over 3 hrs to get up and then 2 hrs back down.