Mount Aire Trail

Mount Aire Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is best used from July until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.2 miles 1971 feet Out & Back

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Mill Creek Canyon Road (3800 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 6.1 miles up the canyon to Elbow Fork, about 2 miles past Log Haven Restaurant at the sharp right turn in the road next to a dam. The Elbow Fork Trail begins on the north side of the road. Follow it about 1/4 mile to a junction. Take the left fork heading northwest to the pass about 3/4 mile where the Mount Aire Trail begins to the peak.

a nice good hike and it's got a great view of Parleys canyon

This hike was definitely difficult for me as it has a steep incline (and I had a few too many beers the night before). However, it was beautiful at the top, great view!

10.31.16 | 15lb Backpack | 4-6:30pm Round-trip

A beautiful Halloween hike with my GSD before the upper portion of the canyon closes Nov. 1st. This is definitely steep but we enjoyed the variety of crossing bridges, climbing over fallen trees and the changing views. It was a cool 40-50 degrees but you warm up quickly as it's steep (and the heavy pack had me sweating). It was muddy and slippery due to melted snow so grippy shoes are helpful this time of year.

I wouldn't say it's the most spectacular views but a nice change of pace to the typical West facing views overlooking Salt Lake Valley. We'll do it again!

Beautiful this time of year!! It gets pretty steep in places but the view at the top is worth it! We took our pup and he loved it. Lots of water stops on the way up for him!
Great trail for running if you go during the week. Not crowded and no bikes!

Took the family out yesterday for a short hike. Didn't get too far but the views were nice. The trail was very busy, especially with dogs. There was so much dog poop all over the trail it was disgusting. Lots of poop bags were just left on the trail that just needed to be put in the trash. I don't think we will be going up here anymore, it's literally a dogs toilet. Seems like the norm up this canyon too. We checked out other trails with the same problem, dog poop and poop bags all over. I wish dog owners would be more respectful of our trails and of others.

So. Steep. However, the views are extremely worth it. Before the switchbacks to the peak, the saddle is an amazing place to catch your breath and take it all in.

This is one of my favorite hikes in Millcreek canyon. It's a must do in the Fall because there are whole hillsides of Quaking Aspen trees that will blow your mind when they are all yellow. It's a steep hike but the view at the top is spectacular. Make sure you're in shape!

Very nice, but quite steep trail up to a summit with pretty views all around. This trail definitely makes a mile and a half feel longer. The first segment before the saddle is a really lovely shaded hike through the woods, up above you get into the more typical scrub oak terrain.

Pretty steep! Views are excellent. We went early-ish (started at 7AM) and found the trail to be cool and shaded the entire way. Took us an hour and 45 mins to the top, but we're very slow hikers. On our way down, we ran into two bears on the trail. No joke. Be careful!

Way steeper than you would expect. It's a decent hike.