Moab Rim

Moab Rim is a 14.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, UT and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and is accessible from April until November.

My Experience This is a fantastic ride with stunning Moab scenery. The ride actually starts with a brutal 20 min. climb / portage, but once at the top, it is fantastic ride. This trail does not attract the crowds like other Moab trails, and you will most likely have the place to yourself. However, on weekends you might see numerous Off Road 44 vehicles. Conclussion EXCELLENT fun and scenic ride with a remote feeling even though you are just miles from Moab, once on the Rim you feel like you are the only person on earth. Excellent Moab scenery. The climb and portage to Hidden Valley is brutal, but once that is behind you, its cool runnings. Personally I DO NOT agree with the difficulty rating mentioned in the guide Books. Although the Downhill is absolutely mental, with a 22 grade, it is actually manageable, I have managed it myself with just 2 get offs. However, if anything goes wrong on the downhill it will probably cost you and your bike dearly. Other Info: Traffic on Trail : 1 hiker and 1 44 Wild Life : who needs wildlife on a ride like this!? Scenery : Absolutely Fantastic 360 degree 3D Scenery Other : Weekends can be busy with 44′s . Make sure you have PLENTY of fluids with you. My Trail Rating : 9.5 / 10

Strenuous hike that will lead to a gorgeous view over the town of Moab. The first 30 minutes of the hike will be tough because it is STEEP. I believe you ascend over 1,000 feet in the span of a mile. Well worth it though if you want an astonishing view without the crowds.

This trail is one of my favorites. If Mountain Biking, I strongly suggest doing Moab Rim via Hidden Valley. This review is based on the above.

My Experience