Mill Creek Canyon Road Ride

Mill Creek Canyon Road Ride is a 18.8 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and road biking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I did a Full Moon Hike with a MeetUp group to hike this trail. There was snow on the ground which made the hike a little scary without the "tracks." The hike is dog friendly and fairly easy to hike. My friend and I hiked up maybe 2.5-3 miles before turning back around and the whole way was a slight incline. I would definitely do another night hike up here because of the beautiful scenery. The full moon lot our way and we didn't need flashlights. Other hikers told us that there are moose along the hike but I didn't see any unless it was because We're walking on the road. I normally hike in the day time to be able to see everything, but night hikes you see everything differently. It's hard to take photos because of the fresh powder but I got a few good shots on my phone with my friend and our pups.