Lower Calf Creek Falls Trail

Lower Calf Creek Falls Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Calf Creek Falls is one of the most well known and unique features in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. The trail follows Calf Creek to the 126' high falls. The hike is 6 miles round trip and takes average hikers 3-4 hours. Elevation change on the trail is minimal, but the trail is sandy and walking can be strenuous, especially in hot weather. In contrast, the falls provide a delightfully cool, shady haven which makes the hike well worth the effort.

This is a easy fun trail. I hiked it on 12/17/2016 and found it enjoyable though a little chilly which was expected. I only saw one couple throughout the whole hike.

Awesome. I would rate it as beginner. Easily hiked by all age levels. Waterfall is amazing.

Gorgeous waterfall! Loved walking in the water, so refreshing ! Very straightforward trail.

Nice trail with informative markers along the way; trail did get boring to me at times. The waterfall is well worth the wait to get there. I went in early October so the water was cold but the falls were beautiful none the less.

We drove down the night before so we could camp nearby (the first-come-first-serve campsite near the trailhead was full so we found a free primitive site 15 min. north). We got to the trailhead at 9am and got the last parking spot. The trail was beautiful and shaded half the time. The falls were very cool and refreshing! When we got back the parking lot and all along the road was jam packed for free Public Lands day. Normally there is a $5 day use fee and camping is $15/day. Dog friendly although we didn't have dogs I ended up carrying out pet waste. Please "pack it in, pack it out" and Leave No Trace, thanks!

me and my husband loved this hike! especially since the dogs got to enjoy it with us :) definitely worth going to if you are in the area!

I drove 5 hours just to see this waterfall. Well worth it!!! I didn't want to leave

Very cool to see a Water fall in the middle of a desert type area, that alone makes this hike worth it. Hike isn't overly tough, but for for some reason it does feel like 6 miles, not sure if it was the heat on the way back or what, You do seem to always be going up or down a small hill, definitely a rolling terrain,Should be done at least once. Go early if you are doing it for a photo op, gets busy later in the day, you wont get a shot without people in it

Favorite place on earth. Been here more times then I can count and will be there again.