Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir Loop

Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir Loop is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Sandy, UT that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and fishing.

This was a good trail to get a bit of a workout. When I went in November, the reservoir was really low. Around the reservoir, there are a lot of offshoot trails and it's easy to get off the main trail but they eventually all come together. Great views of the mountains.

Beautiful quick hike, wouldn't recommend for younger children though. My older two (6 and 4) had a hard time getting up the steep trail and large rocks. I would save this for 8 and older.

Beautiful this time of year!

just did this hike today. it was my third hike in three days and by far my favorite. I look forward to doing it again soon, but next time I'm bringing my fishing pole.

Hiked this yesterday around 2 in the afternoon with the family. We thought it would be chilly but it was pretty warm the whole hike up. The trail wasn't too busy. It was a steep climb the whole way until you reach the reservoir. My husband and I had our two toddlers in backpacks and our older two kids made it on their own just fine. We did have to take several breaks but the hike was short and having a beautiful reservoir at the end was a great reward! This hike is probably not for those with knee or ankle problems. Take some time to explore around the reservoir, the kids loved it!