Little Wild Horse Bell Canyon Trail

Little Wild Horse Bell Canyon Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hanksville, UT and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Little Wild Horse - Bell Canyon Loop Trail is an 8.6 mile loop trail located South of Goblin Valley near Hanksville, Utah and is rated as moderate. The trail is accessible for hiking year-round and follows narrow slots cut through the San Rafael Reef. Little Wild Horse Canyon is located in Emery County between the towns of Green River and Hanksville. From Green River, Utah follow I-70 west for 11 miles to Exit #149 and Highway 24. Follow Highway 24 south for 24 miles to mile maker 136 and the signed turn-off to Goblin Valley State Park. Follow the signs to Goblin Valley State Park. The signed turn-off to Little Wild Horse Canyon is located 11 miles from Highway 24 and 2 miles before the Goblin Valley State Park fee station on the west side of the road.

We made it quite a ways up Little Wildhorse, but had to turn back - water was about 3+ feet deep, and impossible to get around. Too cold to swim through. Amazing slot though... Incredible.

Great views, lots of people. Water has changed some features recently and we had to detour around a pool of water.

Did not finish this, but what we did see was very fun, we got here later than I wanted to the temp was already in the 90's, the heat just wore us down, so we decided to turn back before we were committed, would love to try again someday

amazing. bucket list type of hike.

Great hike, even in the 100 degree July summer. Started around 8:00 in the morning, weather was perfect until we got to the top of Little Wild Horse canyon. That is when the sun hits you and for the remainder of the hike you are in the sun. Took us 4 hours to complete, and that is with an inexperienced hiker. Little Wild Horse is beautiful, but I would skip Bell canyon next time and just go up and back through Little Wild Horse.

nice family hike into a slot canyon. I recommend with small kids turning around after to slots.

LOVE this trail. I've done it a few times, but it was several years ago. Be sure to check the weather because the area is at risk for flash floods. Bring lots of water with you.

The day we went it was over 100 degrees and sunny. The first 1/2 mile was brutal but once we entered the slot canyon it was even relatively cool. The slot canyon was great and unique. Well worth the trip.

This was a very cool slot canyon! Did it last Sunday. I would recommend going up little Wild Horse and coming down bell because it's less steep that way! I have a partially torn ACL so going down and up some of the boulders in the slot was a bit tricky, but still very doable, just be ready for that! The middle 2 miles is exposed so make sure you start the hike early enough to beat the heat! Overall amazing trail and would recommend for all skill levels

It was an awesome hike! the slot canyon was really pretty and I will probably do it again! only the first 3 mile or so is the slot canyon and after the it's just a plain trail so I would recommend doing the 3 mile up and come back down the same path because the other side of the loop barely have any shade.

Fun

Amazing 8 mile trail through slot canyons.

slots are awesome! long loop so if you don't have time and/or stamina just do bells slots or little wild horse slots for a shorter but still amazing experience.

This trail was great. It was nice because you could drive from Moab, hike the trail, and make it back to town all in a reasonable time. The scenery was outstanding. Anyone looking to do a great slot trail should consider this.

Great loop hike, up Little Wild Horse and down Bell. I loved both canyons. Water in Little Wild Horse added to the adventure! Great camping nearby. One of my all-time favorite hikes.