Little Death Hollow

Little Death Hollow is a 14 mile out and back trail located near Boulder, UT and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until September.

We hiked this trail last week ( mid October) The Cottonwoods where changing color which added another dimension to the trail. There was some knee deep water in Little Death Hollow. A spectacular hike.

An awesome hike and experience. I started at the Little Death Hollow Trail Head and did the Wolverine Canyon Loop. I did this as a day hike. My guide book said it was 15.2 miles, my GPS clocked in at 19.73 miles with no extra side trips. There is a lot of winding around, the amazing slots go on for miles. There is impressive petrified wood all along the trek. Be prepared for the length and weather conditions.

We hiked down Wolverine Canyon, spent the night in Horse Canyon, and then hike up Little Death Hollow. I especially liked Wolverine Canyon. We encountered a fair number of obstacles in the lower part of Little Death Hollow, but nothing that required rope.