Lake Solitude Trail

Lake Solitude Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October.

skiing

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) to Brighton about 14.2 miles up the canyon to the Silver Lake Visitor's Center. Park at the Silver Lake Information Center or across the street at the Brighton Store.

This is a very easy hike. The trail is pretty much flat the whole way. The last tiny bit is steep but once you get to the top of that you'll see the lake. It's a pretty small lake but it's beautiful. Be careful if you go through the brush to the shore. When I was there there were two large moose laying on the shore.

I did this hike in August around 5:30pm. It is such a gorgeous and peaceful hike!! Once we got to the lake, we had wine & a sandwich as we watched the sun set all the way behind the mountains. By that time, the trail was completely empty, which was nice. I'll do this hike over and over again. Very easy, but still a good work out.

Nice hike! Not too many people around and it was pretty peaceful. Aside from the ski lifts and a few other man-made things, it's a beautiful hike.

Great hike up, didn't k ow what to expect but the lake was smaller than I thought but had fun on the trail.

Started our Bird Watching Tour here before going over Guardsman Pass, saw several different types of Birds, along with Moose, and a Snowshoe Rabbit, made for an amazing Tuesday evening

Nice hike. Go early.

GREAT family hike.. Steep and rocky at the very end of the trail.. We would definitely recommend it.

It was pretty easy, good for families. A little steep at the very end but a good afternoon hike. Great view.

When silver lake just wasn't enough I took 4 kids up to lake solitude. They loved the friendly chipmunks. Nice hike.

Nice and cool

Beautiful area. The app stated camping is available on this trail, but we got there but no overnight parking anywhere. All other camp sites nearby and accesible with young kids were full. UGH

Beautiful trail! We love doing the Twin Lakes loop with this one.

Beautiful trail. We did the Lake Solitude / Twin Lake Loop. The Lake Solitude portion of the trail was not very crowded. The Twin Lake had a lot more people on it. I'm glad we did the Solitude Lake portion first. Solitude Lake to Twin Lake is very steep, but the trail is a maintenance road so other than the incline it is easy to walk.

Awesome hike for kids!! Loved this hike.

I loved this hike because there was shade and it was the perfect length for my first hike of the season. We also saw two moose on the way up.

Fun for me and for the kids

Great, short hike. There was a mamma moose and her babies by the lake:)