Lake Mary Trail

Lake Mary Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until October.

fly fishing

Directions from Salt Lake City: Take Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) to Brighton. Trailhead is located behind the Mt. Majestic Lodge.

snowboarding
56 minutes ago

I love this hike. I did it once last summer and again a week ago and I have to say that I think I prefer it in the winter. You have to start by hiking up some of the ski slopes at Brighton, so watch out for all the people coming down. It also gets fairly steep, but it's not long before you are off the slopes and it levels out a bit. You will get some of the most beautiful snowy views of the mountains up at the top. I could have spent all day staring at those mountains. Love!!!

the trail was forgiving even with its few steeper inclines, we had many opportunities to stop and take pictures alone the way and we become fascinated with all of the big rocks to clime and some pretty big ants that roamed around them, there was even a waterfall that we had the privilege to make a stop at along the way!
Once we arrived to Lake Mary a portion of our group crossed a line of stepping stones to relaxed in the sun on a series of rock that protruded from the lake (perfect place for lunch!) and the rest of the group hiked around the lake and climbed on the rocks on the other side and even took part in a snow fight. The weather was great and the snow here and there was an amazing why to cool off.

One of my favorites, I go here at least three times each summer. The lake was half dried up when I went in August but other than that lake Mary has beautiful views and is a nice place to take your friends and family for a rewarding hike!

One of my all time favorites

The trail itself is beautiful but crowded. We continued to on to Lake Catherine. Lake Mary seemed to be nearly dried up.

This is a great short (but not too short) hike up to one of my favorite lakes. I have yet to go further to Lake Martha or Lake Catherine, though that's definitely on the to do list. I've hiked this trail on super hot summer days and in snow, but I especially enjoy it in spring/early summer when the wild flowers are in bloom. Plenty of rocks to relax on and enjoy a rest while overlooking the lake.

rails trails

I haven't been yet... but it's amazing!

There was a lot more snow than I was expecting. I thought maybe a light snowfall. It was, however, very fun, incredibly beautiful, and worth the time.

A relatively gentle trail to Lake Mary. We entered on the Brighton side. Once you reach the lake there are a number of options if you choose to proceed; we went up towards Millicent Peak which was quite a climb and a lot of serious bouldering. Unfortunately couldn't make it to the top on account of the snow.

easy trail. very beautiful! interesting photos.

2 miles seemed like an overestimate. It took about 45 min. to finish.

We went Labor Day, so naturally there's going to be a ton of people. The first half of this hike is pretty steep. They drained the dam/ lake so it wasn't that pretty. I'm sure it's beautiful when it's full. The first half is pretty open-- you are hiking right next to ski lifts. I liked the second half more as it is more shaded. This hike would have been better if people would learn to be quite on hikes instead of talking loudly to their group. Be quite on hikes, people! Don't ruin it for everyone else!