Lake Blanche Trail

Lake Blanche Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, UT that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October.

hot springs

Beautiful mountaintop lake, awesome views, and abundant wildlife. This is a demanding hike! Plan to stop several times to catch your breath. If you want exercise, this is the hike for you. It's a lot of work, but it is well worth it. The views down into the canyon below are breathtaking. Just prior to arriving at the lake, parts of Salt Lake City are also visible from the trail. There is plenty of wildlife and an abundant variety of trees, flowers, and everything else Utah's great outdoors has to offer! This is a very difficult hike, but is very satisfying to complete. Everyone should do it at least once! ADVISORIES: Make sure to take plenty of water! Insect repellent is a good idea as mosquitos are plentiful. If you are planning this hike for later in the day, pack a flashlight (with fresh batteries) in case your journey takes longer than planned. Attempting to navigate the trail after dark would be a very dangerous endeavor.

1 hour ago

I love this hike in the summer but the winter is incredible. Lots of wildlife and beautiful views all the way up the canyon. I thought the snowshoes may be a tad overkill until I reached the second half of the hike where it begins to steepen and snow drifts became knee deep in some places. The weather was crazy with rain and snow mix but the summit was just clear enough to get some shots of sundial peak.

Took this beautiful hike on a Sunday morning. It's a steady incline the entire route so be prepared. Do take the time to continue past Lake Blanche to Lake's Lilian and Florence. I spent a good 45 minutes at both with no other hikers in sight. It was simply gorgeous.

The one thing to note is that this trail never lets up- its all uphill to the lake, and all downhill back to the trailhead. This is a challenging trail for those who do not regularly hike, and a good workout for those who do. Some snow and slush on the trail, but mostly wet dirt. 4 stars because the scenery while hiking up the trail isn't that wonderful until you get to the lake. I suspect as we get more snow through the next week this trail will become packed snow. The weather has been great and the crowds were not too significant. Parking on the S-curve during the weekend is now doable without too much parking space hunting. I lost a Subaru car key on my hike the other day and was overjoyed to see that someone had found it and left me a note. Thank you!!

Beautiful hike! A steady incline but nothing too insane. Well worth it especially on a clear day like today.

Defiantly the hardest trial I have done to date but very worth it once you get to the top

Hiked this trail on Nov 4 starting around 9:30. It was our first time and was planning for the 6.9 miles as described but our gps said 9.32 round trip to the highway. An excellent and demanding workout that took us about 2.5 hours up and 1.5 hours down and happy we started early. The weather was warm for November but most the leaves had fallen. There were a few other hikers but not crowded. When you are on the trail looking toward the top of the mountain just keep in mind you are going to be hiking nearly to the base of sundial. I found it longer than expected. We hike often and are in our 60's and consider ourselves fit - this was demanding as you are climbing the entire way lifting your legs up onto rocky steps often with a few scrambles to traverse. Great workout and so well worth it. Can't wait to get up there again.

Did this hike today and wasn't sure what to expect given the conflicting info regarding length, well let me say that those that say the trail up is much longer than stated is probably because you took a wrong turn somewhere. My hike up was 5.8 miles, down was only 2.9 and there were obstacles I didn't encounter on the way down that I did going up....where I took the wrong turn I'm not sure, but I seriously wanted to give up! Totally worth it though, the lake was beautiful!

Difficult hike up, but totally worth it!

I did this hike 10/30/2016 with the hope to do Sundial Peak behind it. Did not actually make it to Sundial because it started to rain and the wind was outrageous. Great hike, steady incline the entire way with a few steep spots here and there. Too bad they don't allow dogs, my pooches would love it.

Such a gorgeous hike. Steadily uphill but worth it at the end.

I did this hike 10/29/16. It is a good climb which means your knees will feel the downhill. Totally worth it though! Lake Blanche is beautiful. There were no more fall colors but the scenery was breath taking. The trail was pretty well trafficked but I did go on a Saturday.

incredibile view well worth the hike.

The trail is awesome but the distance is wrong round trip is 10 miles anyway great hike we meet a great big Moose on the side of the trail

Awesome sights at the top, some steep climbs but worth it