Lagoon Trail

Lagoon Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Farmington, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

This is an easy, paved trail through tall trees and following the Farmington Creek. This nature trail has many species of native trees and brush together with sites of fenced Elk, Buffalo, Horses and Cattle. Note the signs identifying the tree species along the path. Other wildlife including geese, ducks, small birds and mammals may also be observed. Four picturesque bridges cross Farmington Creek as you meander through a serene trail in the heart of the city. Connecting access to the entire Farmington Creek Trail is available at the northerly and southerly termini of this trail.

Nice short trail with good spots for family photos.

Quick little paved walk with lots of things to see /explore if you are a small child or a small dog

We like to ride our bikes on this one as a family. Even our little kiddos can ride on their own because it's a nice, paved trail.

short and largely flat until close to the lake. large ly shaded. goes by Lagoon. multiple trailheads and facilities are available. good for kids.

This is always an enjoyable trail. Very easy and mostly shady. Sometimes you get the screams of people at Lagoon as background noise. Also look for the birdhouses hanging in trees.

This is a beautiful, easy trail. Something the whole family can do. It's well shaded year round. Buffalo and elk from Lagoon are visible. A pond at one end and lots of beautiful bridges. We have done family pictures here before. It's more of a Sunday stroll, not a Saturday hike. It's fun.

Love this trail. peaceful and very few people.

Wonderful paved trail for family walks. You can start at the gazebo on State St. and go all the way to the pond. A great stroll for tiny ones in buggies or anyone using a wheel chair, although there are a few places on the trail that may be challenging if you aren't used to pushing wheelchairs on small hills. As in all of nature, the personality of this trail changes constantly with the seasons.

Beautiful trail, a lot of benches and tables. Very easy for kids, good for scooters and bikes. entirely paved, so more of a walk then a hike but still nice.

Really good trail for a beginner or someone who is just starting on walking.

Great for very small kids. The whole trail is paved and my kids like to to take their scooters.

My family and I rode bikes on the trail, we only went as far as the duck pond but it was beautiful throughout. The good: Great path to ride with any bike, with children and even pets, the weather (breezy and brisk) trees and falling leaves made it a perfect Sunday for us. The bad: Unfortunately due to it being picturesque, it also makes it ideal for photo shoots. I understand wanting to get great shots but to block riders especially when one of them was obviously shoeless as he fell into the pond, we shouldn't have had to be asked if we needed to get by...ummm yes please...dripping wet, 40°'s. Other than that, I loved seeing the animals at Lagoon. I personally would not go here when Lagoon is open, I like to enjoy quiet nature.

Not really ever completely in nature on this one--lots of fencing, backyards, and noise from Lagoon. Great for runners and dog walkers, though.

Was looking for the Farmington Creek Trail and ended up here instead. Fun little trail for the morning - goes right by Lagoon park so it's great for the kids, they can see Buffalo, horses and deer. More walking than hiking really. Also - the map directions told me to turn left on 200 W, but there is no left turn on 200 W. Take 300 W instead and it cuts right through the middle of the trail.

This one of the best neighborhood trails I have been on. I took it from the Highway all the way to Farmington Pond. It is beautiful the entire trip. We went one time this year and picked Blackberries, Apples, and Pears along the trail. I is shady year around and don't forget the Buffalo and Elk along the way. Fun for the whole family.