Baby Steps Trail

Baby Steps Trail is a 15.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

I hiked this with my dog and wished I had a bike the whole time. Great system of trails on clearly marked. We ended up walking around for awhile and put 11 miles on, it was great but even better for bikes!

this was far the best trail I've been on for beginners in moab. not a lot of sand and there are some more moderate trails that break off the main trail that give you a since of accomplishment.

This is one of my favorite places to ride in the Moab area. What used to be just the Klondike Bluffs Jeep Road, and the Baby Steps Trail, is now a network of many excellent singletrack trails. Trails like Mega Steps, EKG, Dino Flow, UFO, and Little Salty, all wind up and down the Klondike Bluffs area for some great loops. The trails are all well marked, and there are maps at almost every trail intersection to help you find your way.

off road driving

This trail is predominately a mountain biking trail, but we tried it as a Jeeping excursion. Wrong! At the time, the trail was poorly marked, except for a few cairns here and there. We needed to have someone walk ahead of the Jeep as a spotter. We got lost more than once, we never did get to the end of the trail. We gave up after 4 hours. But we did have some laughs, and the slickrock scenery was awesome. Hopefully today they marked the trail better.

This was a fun one. A few sandy spots, but generally easy. It was my first day with clipless pedals so I was a bit distracted.