Kingfisher Wetland Trail Loop

Kingfisher Wetland Trail Loop is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ogden, UT that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

The Kingfisher Loop is a dirt path that loops around a small wetlands area near Buenaventura. It is popular among local bird watchers, and you can usually hear or see frogs and other wetlands animals. There is both an inner and outer loop that are accessible to hikers and bikers. The inner loop 0.6 miles. It is well maintained gravel and ranges from 6 to 10 feet wide. The outer loop is mostly sand once it splits form the inner loop, and is overgrown in some portions. It is narrower but still plenty of room for two people side by side. Total outer loop distance is 1.0, but about half of that is the same track as the inner loop. Both loops climb a hill on the back end that provides a great viewpoint. There is also a tower near the entrance you can climb for an excellent view of the wetlands. The stairs are in great condition, but the platform itself shows some wear on the wooden planks. There is a new outdoor shooting range in the planning phase that might cause some of the outer loop to be rerouted, but plans are not available to the public at this point.

This is one of my kids favorite places to come ride bikes. We use to visit the area once a week when we lived in the area. I have done several activities in the area, great spot.

Nice little trail that's slowly building my technical bike experience. There is a bit of climbing on a dirt road, and that upper trail is deep sand so I had to walk part of it. I think I'll keep coming back until I can make it through. I do like the area, but there's a lot of industrial and freeway noise, so it's not as peaceful as I would hope. Still, it is nice having this little area in downtown Ogden that we can go enjoy, until the shooting range comes in and drowns out all the remaining sounds of nature.

When I came on this trail a couple days ago, there was a fallen Russian Olive across the bridge. I cleared it off the best I could without the thorns ripping me to bits, but didn't get it all done. But when I came back today, the bridge was completely clear. That's one of the best things about this area of trails - they are very well maintained both by the management folks and by the users.