Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park Trail

Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kaysville, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Short hike acessable year round The Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness park Is a fantastic place to go when you are in the mood for a short hike. At just over a mile it can be easily done in less than an hour and it’s a great place to bring the kids. You will also find some exercise stations where you can enhance your experience with some additional physical exercise. This short loop trail is suitable for hiking or biking and can even done on cross country skis in the winter. This trail head is also an access point for the Great Western Trail and the Bonneville shoreline trail.

Nice little area, the trails are intertwined but for the most part they were marked. (Green circle/black diamond etc.) We would have hiked around a little more but due to getting out so late (after 10am already almost 90 degrees) and a leaky water bottle, we had to cut the hike short. There is an orienteering course for those who would like to practice using a compass. And a few geocaches in the area, though we didn't search for them at this time. We will definitely give this little trail another go in the future. (Hiked with lots of kids from age three to teenagers, grandma and a dog.) The kids really enjoyed it.

Fabulous easy hike for kids. About 2 miles, mainly flat. Beautiful.

I enjoyed this little trail for more of an evening stroll than a hike! Watch out for snakes! Almost stepped on what looked like a rattler resting under a rocky patch of the trail! There were a couple different paths with difficulty levels marked. I would like to go back earlier in the morning to explore some more again on a different path but it was a little disconcerting hearing the gun shots from the rifle range!

I really enjoyed this trail. It was great for beginner and intermediate mountain biking. It had a little bit of everything to start and to challenge yourself. I will be doing this again to strengthen my bike handling skills on the mountains!

My 6 kids all under the age of 13 did this hike yesterday and they loved it, I have never seen them want to do hikes ever

I needed an easy hike today. This hike was perfect for that. There was water for the dog, plenty of choices to make and it was a loop, so we didn't have to cross the same track. The only downside is it is next to a shooting range, so the dog was put on leash when we felt we were to close. The 2yr old did great, she had a small nap so she did want to be carried about 3/5 the way in. Overall, I really enjoyed it.

This trail is perfect for an evening stroll, when you are just looking to get out and take a nice walk. There are several rolling hills with plenty of split off trails to explore. A great area for bikers, the trails have been ridden so much most of the corners have a nice embankment curve to them. There is one thing that is very nice along this trail and that is a waterfall up the canyon about halfway to Adams, off the shoreline trail. It is a wonderful oasis with some nice little pools. If you dont like doing the switchbacks to Adams canyon then this is a nice alternate route from the south side of the canyon.

I took my family on this and thought it was a nice walk, it was the first one of the season. The scenery was what I expected being in the foothills. Would probably do it again if I had time I needed to kill.

This is an easy, short hike that loops. There isn't a lot to see and it is pretty run down.
Pros: Easy hike with kids of all ages. Easy to get to
Cons: Kind of boring compared to other hikes.