Kays Creek Parkway

Kays Creek Parkway is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Layton, Utah that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This small reservoir is nestled just below the Ogden bench. A paved trail loops through the area, providing access to the Kay's Creek North Fork and Hobbs Reservoir. You are likely to see wildlife of many varieties, but please respect fishing regulations and limited access areas (in description). This area was marked no trespassing for many years, but Layton City has done a lot of work putting trails in the area and working with local landowners to provide us access to this fantastic area. The trails are steep and the pavement is cracked with weeds in some areas, but is still suitable for bikers, runners, and walkers. The trail is public, but the reservoir and immediate area surrounding it is private property. Walk In Access (WIA) authorization is required for reservoir access. This can be obtained at no cost by calling (800) 221-0659 or online at wildlife.utah.gov/walkinaccess. This is important for management to be able to track usage of an area, and to determine if public usage merits the amount paid by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources to allow access to this portion of property. Hobbs Reservoir is a prime fishing location for Brown Trout, Cutthroat Trout, and Rainbow Trout. Both shore fishing and fishing from non-motorized craft are permitted ONLY with the WIA authorization described above. Anglers may have no more than two fish, and fish of a certain size must be released if caught.

Not a hike. It's paved and flat. I make a loop with the trail a few times a week with my dog. It's beautiful. It's decently trafficked in the winter as well.

O

Beautiful day today sunny and clear, spring time flowing trees, geese, ducks, woodpeckers and deer. Nice experience, nice people on the trail.

This was my old stomping grounds when I was growing up - all my tree forts were down in the hollow, and we all told each other stories of the great undertow in Hobbs Reservoir and all the people that died using the rope swing. Probably all false, but we all need our local mystery.
Been on the trail a few times since it was put in. The slow drizzle today kept most people off the trail, but it didn't make for very good pictures. I've also been having some troubles with the chain on my bike, so the hills were harder than I expected. Still enjoyed my ride and seeing the area again.