Kanarra Creek Canyon Trail

Kanarra Creek Canyon Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

The trail can get a bit wet at times, so you may want to consider bringing waterproof shoes. Also be aware that there is a parking fee of $10 at the base of the trail.

All time favorite hike! Not particularity strenuous, but so much fun! It's so interactive and truly gorgeous.

A great hike with a beautiful waterfall!! Part of the hike is in the river and the water can be cold. The area is pretty and the hike has some strenuous parts but over all a hike many could do.

Loved this hike. Very easy and not long. Once we got to the slots that's when the water was unavoidable and absolutely freezing. Worth it, but freezing. On the way down I saw a woman heading up with rain boots. Great idea! Our wool socks and hiking shoes didn't do the trick and we didn't stay as long as we would have liked when our toes felt like they were going to fall off. Highly recommend this one!

One of the most beautiful slot canyon hikes in Utah. Easy to get to, fun for kids (8 and older). A small natural water slide makes it fun for the whole family!

Gorgeous hike! Had two ten year olds who did great and an 8 year old who managed ok but didnt enjoy the ICE COLD water. They were a bit nervous on the ladders but did fine with a lttle help. I wouldnt bring anyone younger than about 8 if I was planning to make it past both ladders. Even though our feet froze the first week of november was a good time to hike this. (Not crowded) I recommend Neoprene socks and hiking shoes. I wore smartwool socks and hikers and my feet were beyond cold. Cant wait to hike this again!

Awesome mountains ..!

Spectacular beautiful hike- not recommended for little kids in the fall- water too cold. My 8&13yr old enjoyed it. My 2 doxies also managed! Highly recommend-

Absolutely gorgeous totally worth it!!

Quite easy and lots of fun!

Beautiful hike. I'll definitely go back. Make sure you have your water shoes Bc you will need. A lot of walking in the water.

Amazing! Did it the first week of June. The water was so refreshing to walk through.

If u want to hike a trail, THIS IS IT!!! Ur feet will get wet and somewhat cold but that doesn't stop this trails kick a$$ hike. Take something to put ur phone in that's waterproof just incase and try not to carry anything by hand; take a fanny pack or camelback. People traffic can get annoying especially if they have strollers or kids but they are kind enough to let u pass. I tried this hike and will come back again. Find the courage to climb up the second waterfall as the trail keeps going.

Amazingly beautiful trail. Highly recommend a walking stick and neoprene socks! Best todo in summer. So much fun and great place for pictures!

Do this one. Put it on your list. You get a lot of reward for minimal effort. If you go on a weekend or holiday there will probably be a lot of people including tons of families and a fair number of dogs. Enterprising townspeople may be providing additional parking for a fee. I don't mind too much though, there is a bit of a party atmosphere when everyone is hiking together. You still have plenty of chances to enjoy the beautiful spots along the way without feeling too crowded. Most groups stop after the first ladder. The water is cold, so it a super good hot weather hike. Plan to get very wet. Otherwise you are missing all the fun. It begins with a boring dirt road, but as soon as you cross that river for the first time, it's all gorgeousness and fun after that. People do bring their dogs, but very few hoist them up and down the ladder. Above the first ladder is a natural water slide area that is great to stop and picnic. Love this hike.

The hike wasn't hard at all. I think the hardest thing was getting used to the freezing water. We went in September for labor day wkend and had a blast. Nice climb to the waterfalls and you can pretty much whenever you want too.