Jardine Juniper

Jardine Juniper is a 10.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, UT that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from June until December. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A great day hike. Juniper itself was neat, and the view was spectacular. Loved going through fields of wildflowers as well. Dealt with lots of large, biting flies near the top of the trail, however. Make sure to bring lots of water.

Not too steep, second half of out part is shady, cool tree at the end

so beautiful! make sure to take plenty of water. took about 6 hours.

The uphill is relentless, however, it is never more than moderate in difficulty. the only time it goes down hill is when you turn to the juniper. Take plenty of water, the trail is very dry. There is a little spring at about 2 miles. when given the choice of shady route and scenic route, take scenic first, and come back on shady! Beautiful flowers, and the views are amazing! Highly recommended!

Hiked this trail today. Very nice! Weather was perfect and the trail is well maintained. Was a long hike...just over 3 hours up and a good hour and a half back but it was worth it. Took the shady path (there is a fork towards the top that splits between the shady path and the scenic path) and thought the views were amazing. Will try the scenic view next time.

This was the first time I hiked this trail and it was great. The trail is in good condition and the hike was beautiful. The log book kept at the top near Jardine is gone though.

This is a trail I would do again and again. Today was perfect, no one at the trailhead when I got there. I had the mountain to myself. It didn't take long to start hitting patches of snow, but it made even more enjoyable. The tempatures were suppose to be hitting 80 and I was glad to be here. Whoever mapped out this trail did an excellent job. There was not part of the trail that was ever over a moderate hike. I can't wait to bring someone back here and do it again.

We hiked did this trail in two days, setting up camp near the descent to Jardine. We really enjoyed it. I felt like it was fairly easy because of how mild the elevation gain is. Luckily we had a cloudy day but parts of this hike can get hot in the sun. We really had a great time reading through the registry and just feeling the power of Jardine. Not much water on the trail in September, just a small spring about 4 miles in. If camping, pack as much water as you will need.

This is one of my favorite hikes. I recommend starting this early in the morning to avoid the noon day sun. I'm not the fastest hiker but at a moderate pace you can complete this in about six hours. However, you don't realize how long it's taking because the views are so breath taking. I hiked it but many bike the trail. Make sure to sign the logbook at the top of the trail near the tree.

Awesome hike. The views are amazing pretty much the whole way. My first time hiking up near Logan and it was a great first trail to hit around there. Doing the whole loop at the top brought us in at almost 12 miles total for the hike. I suppose it's more like 10 if you take the "shady trail" near the top direct to the tree and back.

I love this hike. It's a steady but easy hike. It doesn't seem like 10 miles. I did this one for the first time at a young age around 10. It takes about 5-6 hours round trip so pack s lunch.

I was a little disappointed the first time I did this hike, as I was expecting something with a little more elevation difference and a different view. It is very flat for the first few miles and then there are a few switch backs and finally there's a tree, the old juniper, at the end. You are able to see the road going through the canyon as well, and can sign the book at the end. But I felt this hike was a little boring. I did return and ran it instead of hiking and liked that better.

One of the best trails in Logan canyon. Great for running, biking, and hiking.

great hike! not just for mountain bikes