Ibantik Lake Trail

Ibantik Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, UT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

From Kamas, take the Mirror Lake Highway (Highway 150) 27 miles to the Trial lake. Exit west onto a paved road, and travel about a mile to a fork in the road, Then turn north for another mile to the trail-head.

Beautiful trail, passing several lakes along the way. Moderately busy, but definitely worth it.

Camped down by Wall lake and fished one of the smaller lakes, and no bites. Probably fished pretty hard there. Went up to Ibantik and on to Seymour Meadow Lake. The fishing at Meadow lake was lights out. Every cast was a bite. At Ibantik there were mountain goat hanging out on the cliffs. Was well worth the hike up

Started late on Sunday to avoid crowds. Beautiful scenery. Too many cows in the meadows. Easy hike with beautiful scenery. Worth it to take a light rod for some catch and release. Plenty of wildlife along the way. Nothing difficult on the trail. Trail is golden as it gets close to dusk.

This was a fun trail that was a pretty good length and difficulty for most backpackers. My GPS recorded just over 4 miles one way to ibantik lake. It was pretty full so I set up camp just above the lake under the boulderous mountains, about .5 away. the next day I hiked to meadow lake, which was about 1.5 away from ibantik. I highly suggest setting that lake. its less busy and very beautiful, the main difference was the mountains were a little further from the lake, but still visible. It would have been nice to camp there, but there weren't many flat spots. Setting up a hammock was prime.

Fun trail for a quick overnight trip. Perfect for any age group and worth the view at the end. When we were there the fish really weren't biting but it was a fun trip either way.

A hidden gem nestled atop the mountains. I originally planned to hike up to Seymour Meadow Lake from the trailhead near Trial Lake but as soon as I came upon Ibantik I knew this is where I was going to be staying for the night. This little lake is a must see for anyone wanting to go hike through the Uintahs and at 10,200 feet, it truly feels like you're on the top of the world. Fishing wasn't the best but I did catch a tasty little 10 inch Brook Trout.

A great hike. This one really has a little of everything in it and there's beauty in literally every direction. A must!

Stunning. We took our 2 dogs and lost count of how many lakes we passed on our way to Ibantik lake (maybe 8 or more lakes). The first 2.5 miles is uphill until you reach the saddle and then the last 1.5 miles is downhill all the way to lake. My garmin watch clocked 4.25 miles one way. Bring plenty of bug spray because that is the only negative thing about this hike. We camped at the lake and there are plenty of spots. We even woke up to a heard of 10+ mountain goats!!!!

Great trip, a Uintah classic.

Fantastic hike. The Notch still had some snow and parts of the trail were buried, sometimes for several hundred feet making it a bit difficult to get down the far side. The lake was beautiful and it was much warmer than we were expecting for so early in the season. The lower lakes seemed to have much more ice on them then the higher ones.

Our family loved this trail (our 4 kids, ages 12, 11, 9, and 6 did awesome). We made a loop by starting at the Crystal Lake trailhead, hiking to Wall Lake, Lovenia Lake, Bench Lake, Notch Lake, then from the Bald Mountain TH my husband hitch hiked back to Crystal Lake to get our truck. We saw 7 adults and 4 baby mountain goats at the top of Notch Pass. So cool! We camped on the west side of Ibantik Lake and I can't stop raving about how beautiful it was. We had done a loop near Big Elk Lake in July and were eaten alive by mosquitoes. This time around we literally only saw one of those awful blood suckers. That could be due to the season/temperature or the fact that we soaked our clothes in diluted Permethrin before this trip. We did this trip in two days/one night bad highly recommend it.

Ibantik is a great destination lake, or as a stop along a larger route. Campsites are good on the west and east sides of the lake. Nestled in an alpine cirque providing a classic Uinta backdrop. The fishing is decent though not phenomenal. The hike is not terrible at all. The pass through the "notch" though uphill is easily gained and not a long affair. The hike back down into Ibantik is pleasant. A bit large by Uinta standards (though smaller than several in the area) Ibantik is not as quaint, however, the cirque of looming peaks behind Notch Mountain do a lot to make the lake feel farther away than it really is.

Day hiked this trail with my Son-in-law on Saturday. Because we didn't have a lot of time we hiked fast and completed the round trip in less that 2.5 hours. We saw Mountain Goats at "The Notch" and was told by a ranger that there is a herd of 22 that hangs around the pass. The trail was mostly very good and was rocky only in a few places, There are parts of the trail that are still muddy and there was a trail crew moving a wet part of the trail to a new location on the North side of the pass. We saw 5 or 6 campsites on the lake so it appears to be heavily used.