Hickman Bridge Trail

Hickman Bridge Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Torrey, UT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

The Hickman Natural Bridge trail is a very relaxing and scenic trail in Capitol Reef National Park. The Hickman Natural Bridge trail is a very relaxing and scenic trail in Capitol Reef National Park. A trail brochure - available at the trailhead - points out 17 things to observe along the hike. Notable among these are an indian granary, a small natural bridge called Nels Johnson Bridge, and, of course, Hickman Bridge.

Lots of ups and downs and a few places the water crosses the trail (yes I was there after a rain storm). Not difficult but some of the ups can be a challenge for a flat lander.

Easy trail well worth the hour it takes to do it. Easiest way to get under a major natural bridge we've seen.

This is a tough one, I would give it a 4.5 stars, I liked it, my wife hated it! which kinda killed the hiking mood that day, I thought it was an enjoyable hike, my wife is a "stair hater" this hike exceeded her stair tolerance. thus her bad mood which unfortunately effects my hike as well, If you don't have time for Cassidy Arch, this is a must do, other wise do them both if you have time! Can get hot, so be prepared!

Great walk. Nice views, short and quiet not as touristy as others I've been on.

I am from Illinois and this trail was pretty hard on the inclines and in the sun. Bring a lot of water! There is so much to see along this trail, but at times it was a little confusing to find the path so we just sort of went the way we thought and it worked out. 7/7/2016

Short, easy hike with a great payoff in the form of a large, long arch. Worthwhile for kids and adults.

Really enjoyed this hike! Did this with my wife and three girls (12,9,7). It is definitely more challenging for the little ones than I expected as there is some good climbing throughout. It is rewarding though to see the bridge at the end. There is a spot on the trail where it was so silent we could only hear the bees. It was very peaceful! Highly recommend this to all who go to Capitol Reef.

Nice hike. Just under 2 miles one way. I would classify this as somewhere between easy and moderate. There's a portion where you climb up and although it got me huffing and puffing, I didn't stop. Just kept going. Might catch a lot of folks by surprise because of the elevation and gain but it's seriously maybe like 10-15 min of a decent climb and then it's pretty nice afterwards. No shade depending on the time of day you go. The trail is very easy to follow and really only one way to get there. Ran the entire way back in less than 15 min.

The bridge is beautiful! Lots of locations to take pictures from to get the right shot.

Went last fall with my 5 kids. It was relatively easy but hot because we were exposed to the sun most of the time. Worth it though!

Hickman Bridge is beautiful and the trail to get to it is just as spectacular. It is a nice short trail but a little crowded. The afternoon sun was bright and hot with little to no shade but it made for great photos.

This a great short

This is a short

Great short hike

I love taking photographs of trails and this one did not disapoint the trail is beautiful itself and than the bridge was the cherry on top of the sunday for me. I really enjoyed the views and all the details. Large black rocks against a beautiful red and there were these strang plants that reminded me of Dr. Seuss that I probably took a dozen pictures of.

This is a rough hike. Worth it for the views at the end and on the way up. One can get over an extra mile by just wondering around. Bring plenty of water! I couldn't imagine doing this hike in the hot summer sun!